《 ─── UH, WAR? HELP-

《 13 ─── CHAPTER THIRTEEN ࿐ ˊˎ-

────────────

────────────

"what in the everloving fuck?"

you stayed in your seat, fairly content with the view of the door you had and watched as the rest of your class panicked at the increasingly large amount of people at the door.

"what business do you have with Class A?" Iida spoke, hand gestures and all. a few of your classmates nodded in agreement, eyes wide with confusion.
"they're scouting out the enemy, obviously," Bakugou walked past, stopping to stand directly in the doorway, "they probably wanna check us out before the sports festival."
"there's no point in doing stuff like that," he narrowed his eyes at the nearest student, "now outta the way extras."

you winced as Iida shouted, "stop calling people extras just because you don't know them!"
there was a moment of silence following Bakugou's statement, which was shortly broken by a voice from further down the corridor.
"i came to see what the famous Class A was like," you watched as a familiar purple haired boy pushed his way through the crowd of people, "but you seem pretty arrogant."

you snorted as Bakugou narrowed his eyes at Shinsou, deciding not to speak up yet, as you didn't want to interrupt the shit that was about to go down. well, whatever was going to happen next, that is.
"are all the students in the hero course like this?" Shinsou deadpanned, eyeing Bakugou sceptically. at this, your classmates frantically shook their heads, aside from Bakugou, who simply glared at the purple haired boy.

"there are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other departments because they didn't make it into the hero course," Shinsou raised an eyebrow, "did you know that?"
you blinked. you knew that Shinsou was in the general studies course, but you hadn't had a clue about any of this.
"the school's given us a chance," he tilted his head slightly, "depending on our results in the sports festival, they might consider our transfer into the hero course."
some of your classmates' eyes widened at this, new people in the hero course??

"and it seems they may also transfer people out." the majority of your class stiffened at this.
"damn," you muttered, "that was pretty salty."
Shinsou shifted his gaze to look at the rest of your class.
"scouting out the enemy?" he quoted Bakugou, before continuing, "i, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get too carried away, i'll sweep your feet out from under you."

"i came with a declaration of war."

the people around you bristled, while you let out a cackle, "Shinsou, honey, i'm sorry, but what the fuck was that?"
Shinsou's eyes widened upon seeing you, "L/N, fuck, i forgot you were in this class."
you walked over towards the purple haired boy, "yeah, uh, declaration of war? scary as fuck dude, not gonna lie."
"well," he backtracked, "with all due respect, hero course." he briefly looked at Bakugou while saying this, before looking back at you.
you coughed, "uh, valid."
"but, seriously, bro, you really do be out here scaring the life outta me. like, i felt so threatened by your words," you sniffed, "i might just go cry now."

"uh, L/N?" Kaminari said from behind you, as he had followed you when you got up to talk to Shinsou, "the guy's being pretty serious and, uh, you're saying a lotta stuff and i kinda don't want you to die?"
you smiled, patting him on the shoulder, "don't worry, Kaminari, i've known Shinsou long enough now, he won't kill me."
"mmhhhmmmmm," Ashido squeaked, "you say that you've known him long enough, buuuutttt, really, you've only talked to him once."
"pshht, whatever, we formed a cult together, i think we're pretty close," you replied, smirking as Shinsou looked down in genuine disappointment at his past actions.

"wait- this is the other person in this cult you've been talking about?" Kirishima said, tilting his head at Shinsou.
"sadly, yes," Shinsou replied unenthusiastically, briefly glancing at you.
"ahaha, a- anyway, we have a sports festival to get on with, i wish you good luck Shinsou, and i'll see you later," you smiled, nudging him out of the door. everyone else looked at you in confusion.
"uh, right then, see you later?" Shinsou raised an eyebrow, also confused by your actions.
you backtracked, "i, uhhh, ummm, yeah. sorry about this, i have a cult to explain to people now, but i will talk to you later."

Shinsou shook his head slightly as he left, closing the door behind him. you exhaled a breath you didn't know you were holding.
"what in the actual fuck was that?" Bakugou asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence in the room.
"i'm awkward, okay?" you spluttered.
"well no shit," Bakugou replied.

"ugh, you could at least have been a bit nicer with it, jeez. plus, i kinda did y'all a favour, i got rid of everyone else who was out there," you flicked your hair over your shoulder, a smug expression on your face. Bakugou shook his head, trying to ignore your far from intelligent comments.

"but for real, L/N, you didn't tell us that the other person in your cult was so hot. like, bro," Ashido said, the slightest hint of a smirk tugging at her lips.
you blushed slightly, "l- like i said before, it's not like that. but, yes, i will admit, Shinsou is pretty hot."

"oi, dip shits," Bakugou spoke over your conversation, "we're supposed to be going to the sports festival now."
"oh, shit, we are," you muttered, the realisation of how important this all was just setting in.

"well," you began, sliding towards the door, "it's been nice, but ya girl finna leave now. don't do anything regrettable without me."
you watched the visible confusion seep into your friends' expressions, and giggled quietly.
"but, but we're literally going to the same place as you, i-" Ashido said, cutting herself off when she found herself at a loss for words.
"y- yeah, but, ugh, nevermind, hurry up y'all," you stepped out of the door, turning to make sure your friends were, in fact, following you and hadn't left you to wander the corridors alone.

a grin graced your lips as you made your way to where you were supposed to be.

'sports festival, huh? this is gonna be brilliant, i can feel it.'

────────────
and thus the high intensity of shinsou begins. hope y'all like shinsou, cos you'll be seeing a lot of him in the next few chapters