The Distance Fades

Ello Readers~! I'm here with a new Immortalfox thing cuz I'm having a little trouble with TGOH at the moment and I wanted to post something so yeah! This is gonna be a relatively short story, around 6 or 7 chapters at the most. But yeah hope you guys enjoy this story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun shined brightly through the big windows of Eddie's bedroom. He snored softly and turned unconsciously toward the rays of sun. His face slowly scrunched up in displeasure until finally he blinked his eyes opened and yawned. He started to stretch but it was cut short by his ring-tone blaring loudly from the bedside table next to him. He frowned and quickly grabbed it, pressing the green 'answer call' button. "Hello?" He yawned slightly. "Hey Eddie, did I wake you?" Eddie smiled at the voice "Hey Alley! No you didn't I've been up for a bit." "Okay, good. I just called to see if you wanted to hang out with me and James today? We haven't seen you in a while." Eddie's smiled faltered 'And..James..of course what did I expect, really?' "Uh sure, I've got nothing else to do. What are we doing?" "Me and James found this new cafe so that's where we'll go if your okay with that?" Eddie's frown deepened at James' name but faltered a bit at how much happier Aleks sounded. "Yeah I think I know where it is. What time am I meeting you there?" "Is around 6 alright?" "Yeah, that's fine." Eddie could hear the smile in Aleks' voice "Alright then I guess I'll see you there!" Eddie chuckled "Yeah, See ya Alley!"

Eddie hung up the phone and glanced at the time. Staring at the blurry numbers, he realized his glasses were still on the night table so he grabbed them and slid them on. '3 pm..I got 3 hours until it's time to go...I'll lay down a bit longer.' He smiled to himself as he laid back into the bed. Though the more he laid there the more awake he became. Finally he gave up going back to sleep and just thought about the events to come. 'I gotta admit..I miss just hanging with Aleks...Ever since him and James got together..I've seen less and less of Aleks. Maybe James knows? Is that why he makes sure to put some distance between me and Aleks? He must know that I love Aleks to act the way he does around me when Aleks is present..' Eddie sighed 'I told myself I'd get over Aleks but...I've only fallen deeper..When those two got together I- I was devastated..Then James would just make it worse by whisking Aleks away on dates every time I tired to spend time with him so finally I just stopped trying. It was hard for me to do but I knew if Aleks wanted to spend time with me then he'd call and James couldn't do anything about it cause it was what Aleks wanted. I stopped trying to spend time with Aleks months ago..but now here I am excited for but also dreading when 6 o' clock came. It was always hard to watch them be lovey dovey together..but I was doing this for Aleks. As long as he was happy..then I would be okay. I just hope James doesn't rub it in my face..it always seemed like he was when me and Aleks would hang out, only for him to take Aleks away somewhere. I miss the days when we lived together..we used to spend so much time together but now I barely get a call from him, most likely because of James. He just hates me I guess..'

Eddie frowned as he glanced at the clock again. '4? Did I really think for an hour?' Eddie shook his head before he sat up and slid off the bed. There was a pattering of paws and seconds later Chef rounded the corner and Eddie smiled as he crouched to meet her. "Hey Chef. How'd you sleep baby girl?" Chef barked once and Eddie smiled "That's a good girl." Petting her one last time he stood and walked into the bathroom. Chef climbed onto Eddie's bed and made herself comfortable just as the door shut. Eddie took his time getting the water to the right temperature before he stripped and stepped into the shower. He sighed 'This is gonna be a long day..'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aleks smiled brightly as he hung up the phone. "James he said yes!" From the other room, James answered much less enthusiastic than Aleks had "That's good. We'll get to spend some time with Eddie." Aleks noticed and frowned "What's wrong, babe? Aren't you happy to spend time with Eddie? We haven't seen him in so long!" James sighed "Yeah, I'm just a little tired, that's all." Aleks perked up again "Ah okay well go take a nap. I'll wake you when it's time to go." "Alright, babe." Aleks smiled as he heard James walk to their shared bedroom. After the house was quiet, Aleks' smile was so wide he stuffed his face onto the pillows of the sofa he was sitting on to hide it.