1.

Jan 22, 2020

Laila 

"Laila would you like to answer the question on the board." Mr. Matthews said.

"Um, actually no." I said lowly. 

"What did you say, I didn't quite hear you." 

"I said No." maybe if i say it a little louder he could hear me.

"Whats wrong with little miss smart ass." Andrea said laughing

"The same thing that's going to be wrong with you if you say something else bitch." I said catching an attitude and adjusting my glasses.  My temper was short I had issues with people and today was not a good day. I was a star student at my school everyone knew it. I only had one friend in the entire school, and she didn't come in today.

"Mr. Matthews do you hear what she's saying you should suspend her or something." Andrea said smirking 

"Andrea sit down and be quiet, Laila step outside with me really quickly

BOOM

just as I stood up somebody burst through the door, and there stood the biggest class clown, Kendell, He was also Andrea's boyfriend. He has never one looked my way, and I wanted it to stay that way. But I couldn't help but think why, not about Kendell but any guy. Nobody ever even tries to hit on me. But then I always remember it was because I wasn't easy.  15 and it feels like I'm the only virgin in this ghetto ass school.

"wassam." he yelled walking past me and dapping people up as he walked up to his desk beside Andrea. 

"Hey baby, why are you here so late." Andrea questioned 

"That's for me to know and you to never find out." He said back 

"whats that's supposed to mean." 

"Exactly what I said." 

I rolled my eyes, its the same thing everyday with them there all 'hey baby' this and mind your business that. Its really annoying and its fucked up because she knows exactly what he means. He cheats so much its become a daily routine for them. I wish I would put up with that bullshit because you can count me out.

.................................................

" I barely even did her wrong like that, you can't be serious." Kendell said crossing his arms

" Yes you did and the whole school knew all about it. That's why you always told her to mind her business." I said smirking. " if that as your supposed girl, why couldn't she know.

"she aint need to know shit, but i'll admit it I was dogging her out." Kendell said throwing his hands up

"ehem, could you continue." Mrs. Tanner said

"oh yea so anywaysss........." I continued

...................................................

I walked out the door and Mr. Matthew spoke

"What's wrong with you today you seem a bit upset." 

"I just woke up on the wrong side of bed and the rest of this day before your class has been pretty chaotic."

" Is there anything I can do for you."

"Yea can you give me my work so I can work in the library, I want to work quietly without too many people around." I said 

"Of course, let me just finish instruction and I'll give you your work. Just make sure you check in with me in the last 5 minutes of class

I sat there for the next  10 minutes of class with my head down drowning out the smart girl comments and the annoying sophomore gossip. Until I felt something hit the back of my neck.