Evillustrator Part One

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Chat wrapped his arms around Marinette, pulling her close and sighing when she wiggled back into his chest. The pair of them were sprawled out on the floor, his sort-of girlfriend between his legs, trembling slightly.

She nodded, letting her words fall breathlessly between parted lips. "I'm sure."

Chat buried his face in the crook of her neck, placing a casual kiss to her shoulder. Honestly, this hadn't been the way he thought their date would go, but he was thrilled nonetheless, surprised yet pleased. Apprehensive too, of course, but he was trying not to show it. Marinette responded by reaching up to scratch his ear, and he nipped her playfully, hoping to alleviate the tension hanging in the air.

She inhaled sharply, and Chat couldn't help the low hum of pleasure at the way her breath caught because of him.

"You can always back out you know," he began, sounding a bit pathetic even to his ears. "You don't have to-"

"What the priest says goes, you know there's no turning back now," Marinette interrupted softly, more out of nerves than anything.

Chat snorted. "Yeah! 'Cause we totally should listen to a deranged priest when we could easily jump out of the window right?"

"Hush, Kitty, I'm busy trying not to die," she chided, un-pausing the game and nudging the character (a nosy journalist investigating an abandoned insane asylum that turned out to be not-so-abandoned after all) through an open door. "I hope that creepy large dude doesn't come back to kill me."

"Don't worry, Princess," Chat smirked with more bravado than he felt. "I'll protect you."

It was at that point that said 'creepy large dude' appeared from the corner, the game music intensified, and Chat let out an unholy shriek, gripping onto Marinette's shoulders for dear life.

"Marinette?" Sabine called from downstairs, causing both of them to freeze like the ending shot of an old sitcom. "Is everything ok? We heard you scream."

"Err- f-fine Mama!" Marinette cried back, shaking with effort not to laugh, and Chat felt heat creep up his face. "Just a scary part of my game! I'll try keeping it down!"