Chapter 2

Looking back on it, it's fair to say that Randall didn't have a very happy or normal upbringing. To be honest his childhood was the definition of unnormal, which wasn't a word, but should definitely be one.

It started off in a big lonely mansion, parents always gone with work or doing important duties as immortals. Immortals are more different than magicians or werewolves, they have unlimited magic without sacrifices, and their lives are extended to over 500. Also like the Order they were a group, spread across the whole world with the Grand Magus being called the Immortal King or Queen. Not a lot is known about immortals, it was one of the most biggest kept secrets, no outside groups like the Order, or the Knights of St Christopher know about it. This is where Randall shows up as he was the current immortal prince.

It was hard to know that his parents only had him to have a heir, and his mum, Celeste, was a major controlling tyrant. Growing up with tutors and his two best friends/servants the twins, Nathaniel and Jade. His mum and dad raised him mostly isolated and with his ADHD, life felt too slow. That's why choosing Belgrave University felt like such a big deal to him.

Passing the gate Randall looked around at the Carpio estate, he didn't miss it, especially as Greybeard had been silent after 1 hour into the journey. 

Pulling up to the mansion entrance Randall sighed slowly while getting out the car, 'Home Sweet Home.'

 His mum smiled as she replied, 'Yes indeed.'

Walking through the doors, Randall was suddenly pulled into a hug. Knowing there was only one person that he knew could touch him without re-precautions, Randall greeted his father, Damien, with a strained smile not knowing what to say. 

Pulling himself hard out the hug Randall was too tired, he didn't want to talk or catch up. Looking behind his dad he saw the twins and the rest of the servants in the household, thinking about everything again he nearly burst out crying because maybe a Randall made the wrong choice, he didn't want to be back at home, but it was far too late.

As his father went to his mother, he gave her a big hug and they started to catch up quietly. Trying to sneak away Randall was soon ambushed by the twins.

'Where are you going Randall?' Said Jade, 'You haven't come back to visit or talk in 3 years.'

'You owe us an explanation, since we are your best friends,' groaned Nate.

'Guys Guys Guys, I want to tell if you everything, but I'm very tired I'll talk to you later', replied Randall as he quickly scurried to his room. Rushing to get away, his mum quickly spoke up in a dignified manner, 'Don't be late for dinner, we have much to talk about, especially your entry into Yale and the discussion of your medical degree.'

As soon as Randall got into his room, he glanced around and quickly jumped on his bed. It seemed not much has changed in 3 years. 

Trying to sleep didn't seem to be working, the silence was daunting. Randall still wasn't to use to the silence of Greybeard, it wasn't good, he knew he swore an oath but he didn't want to lose Greybeard too.

Sitting up, Randall started to think about his new semester in Yale, and nearly gagged. Yale was an Ivy school for future leaders, before choosing Belgrave it might've been a good choice. However while looking at the campus, the people and the university didn't call out to him. 

Lying back down on his bed, while closing his eyes, Randall resolved himself not to go to dinner. If he was going to live back at home, he was going to do it his way.

But as Randall slept away, he didn't hear the discussion taking place at dinner with his parents, or more importantly the catastrophe that was happening back in Belgrave with his real family as they realised the absence of a very specific pack member.

Please comment & vote ☺️