twenty three; the phantom

Ophelia wakes up with the rising of the sun. Looking around, she realizes she's in the Wreck. She remembers falling asleep in Kiara's car, on Jj's lap. She assumes Jj had carried her inside and laid her on the bench seats against one of the walls.

Getting up and stretching out, Ophelia carefully and quietly moves through the restaurant, raising a brow when she sees Jj looking out one of the windows. She slowly walks over to him, and he turns as he hears her footsteps. When Jj holds up his arm, Ophelia tucks herself underneath it, letting him pull her into his side. Her own arms wrap around his torso, "Morning," She mumbles, her voice still rough from sleep, "Did you sleep?"

"A few hours," Jj says, pressing a short kiss into Ophelia's hair, "You?"

"Yeah," Ophelia nods, "The weed helped."

"Good ganja always does the trick."

"You're telling me," Ophelia looks out to the horizon, "You think he's okay?" She quietly asks, referring to John B. Her best friend, her brother, who is currently on the run for a murder he didn't commit.

Jj hesitates, "I don't know."

Ophelia doesn't say anything. She and Jj just hold each other as the sun slowly ascends into the sky. A slow, still morning; It's the comfort she didn't know she needed. She only wishes she had her sketchbook so she could draw the scene.

"Jj," Ophelia mumbles after a while, "Do you still have my glasses?"

The blond playfully mutters, 'Oh, shit, yeah,' before pulling them out of his shirt pocket. Ophelia takes them, putting them on before leaning into him again. "God..." Jj trails off, looking down at Ophelia. A couple of weeks ago, she would have shrunken away from his gaze, but now, there's something about it that calms her. 

"What?"

"Nothing," Jj says a small smirk growing on his face, "You almost stop my heart everytime I look at'cha, is all."

Ophelia lets out a low groan, an involuntary smile growing on her face which she immediately hides in Jj's shirt. She feels her cheeks grow warm and she curses the boy for knowing exactly what to say to make her blush. She's about to respond when she hears sirens in the distance, and all at once, her smile is erased from her expression. Ophelia turns back to the window, searching for any sign of a police car, "I hate this," She mutters.

Jj nods, squeezing Ophelia closer to him, "Me too."

Hearing the floorboards creak, Ophelia tenses up, seeing a newly awake Pope approaching them, her worries quickly dissipate. Jj barely looks at him, "He's pinched for sure, man."

Pope leans into the window frame they're looking out of, "No," He tiredly mumbles, "They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

Ophelia nods, a new sense of hope filling her chest, "I didn't think of that. He might be okay."

"Let's hope," Jj states.

"You know," Kiara's voice suddenly rings out, making Ophelia turn slightly, "We were in that car, they're probably looking for us, too."

"Great," Ophelia huffs, taking a small step away from Jj and starting to pace, "All I wanted was a clean criminal record. Now we're outlaws."

Pope's jaw clenches from where he stands, "Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B."

Both Ophelia and Jj eye the boy as he moves, starting to dig into Jj's bag, "So, find him before they do?" The blond boy wonders. Ophelia's anxious pacing stops when she sees Pope grabbing the keys to Jj's bike, "Pope?"