twenty four; pogue style

When they get the boat in the water, Ophelia immediately starts putting the food away, not wanting John B to have to deal with it. Out of her own nerves, she counts all the supplies twice, then once more just to be sure everything is there.

She emerges from the cabin once she's done, giving Kiara a nod to let her know everything is there. Pope looks up at her from the dock, "So, Ophelia, you and Jj?"

"Oh-uh, y-yeah," Ophelia stutters out, hopping down onto the doc.

"What are you guys?" Pope asks, looking between the two blondes, "Like, boyfriend and girlfriend, or...?"

Ophelia opens her mouth, trying to say something, but no words come out, her cheeks heating up. She has no doubt her face is bright red, luckily Jj comes to her aid, "We're together," He calls from the boat, "Have been since before I got arrested."

Pope scoffs, "Called it."

"Why are we talking about this right now?" Kiara asks, nervously pacing the dock, "Dude, where is he?"

"He's coming," Ophelia says, happy that the attention isn't on her anymore.

"Give him a second, he'll be here," Pope assures.

Jj starts folding up the boat's cover, "He's coming, he'll be fine."

Then, Ophelia's muscles tense when a siren croons in the distance, and suddenly, a cop car drives over the hill, into view, "Jj!" Ophelia automatically calls, a bundle of nerves coiling in her stomach at the sight

"Yeah, Get back on the boat!" Jj demands once he sees the vehicle, looking between Kiara, Ophelia and Pope, "Get back on the boat, untie it!"

But when the car door opens, it isn't a cop that steps out. It's John B.

"Wait, no way," Jj astonishingly mutters.

Ophelia's jaw drops at the sight, and soon after, a grin overtakes her face, "You're kidding," She laughs, watching as John B approaches. He doesn't seem to be hurt, or in pain. He's okay, and Ophelia is grateful for it.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin," John B jokes, his shaggy hair falling into his eyes as he approaches.

"Okay, that's believable," Kiara laughs, embracing John B in a quick hug, "I'll buy that for now."

Ophelia can't help the stupid grin on her face as John B walks towards her, "You're unbelievable."

John B sweeps her up in a tight hug, "Better start believing it, da Vinci," When John B sets her down, he holds onto Ophelia's shoulders, "Come with me," He states.

Ophelia raises a brow immediately, not understanding, "W-what?"

"Come with me," John B repeats, "I was gonna ask you earlier, okay? I didn't get the chance. Please, come with me."

"John B," Ophelia breathes, a million thoughts flashing through her mind at once, overwhelming the blonde girl, "I-I, oh my god," Ophelia can't find the words. She looks around at her friends, all of them watching the scene and waiting for her decision. Then, she locks eyes with Jj. Jj, who's adam's apple bobs like he's swallowing a lump in his throat. He shys away from her gaze, and Ophelia knows her answer, "I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because, John B," Ophelia says, "My dads, and-and school," She pauses, her eyes getting glassy. She remembers when he showed up to her house the other day, when he revealed that he's no longer on the run from DCS. She remembers what he said to her, "Besides," Ophelia continues, nodding towards the Pogues, "Someone's gotta keep an eye on them."