I Miss you Mom...

Clints POV

Before Leo was even awake I knew today was going to be one of Leo's 'bad days.' He had horrible nightmares but I knew enough to not awake him up, last time he almost killed me, seriously Steve had to pull him off me. I put up Tony's scream proof wall or T.S.P.W for short. Then he slept past 8 am which is a very rare occasion.

I was sitting texting Lora about how Cooper got a Lego stuck up his nose, Leo was still on probation and couldn't go long without an Avenger checking on him.

So he had to share my bedroom which I was more than happy with, he understood my horrible jokes and is an amazing listener also the best prankster in the USA (Shuri is by far the best anywhere else).

He woke up around 8:30 am looked at the alarm clock sputtered and dropped back onto his bed.

"You alright Leo?"

"Yeah..." His hoarse voice faded off to nothing in the end.

"Then why dont we go grab some breakfast."

"I'm going to change see you out their."

"Umm okay Mister Lego master." I hesitantly replied trying to make him laugh before leaving but all I got was a small nod.

I walked into the kitchen booming a greeting to everyone while squeezing in between Nat and Steve.

"Where's Leo, you too always walk in together?" Asked Pepper while pouring herself a coffee.

"He said he was going to change then join us, I think he was having a rough morning."

Rodey asked me if I wanted some egg and bacon casserole which I excepted gladly. After 15 minutes Leo still hadn't showed which made us all a bit nervous, not because we dont trust him it's more because he dosent miss food, ever.

"FRIDAY what is Leo up to?" Finally asked Tony.

"Leo appears to be staring at a wall."

"Friday can you show footage please?"

A holographic image of a pajama clad Leo sat on his bed staring at a plain green wall not moving I had to squint to make sure he was still breathing. This was definitely concerning, we all know Leo has gone through probaly more than us combinedand was now like a son/nephew or more to all of us.

"Are go check on him..."

I walked down the large hallways trying to prepare myself to ask questions about his past.

I knocked lightly on the large room and peeked my head in to see him in the  exact same position as of earlier.

"Leo you alright bud?"

"Clint, do you guys trust me?"

"Kid, whats going on?"

"Please I need to know..."

"We trust you but we all know how easy it is to go back to a bad life and we dont want you to go through that again."

"Then I need one day Uncle Clint one day, I need to go somewhere, once I'm done are come right back to the tower."

"Kid I'm sorry but we cant let you do that!"

"Oh come on guys I know you guys are watching I need to do this! I will only be gone for an hour and a half- are even tell you where I went once I come back!"

My eyes softened a bit could tell he wasnt lying and everyone knows how big promises are to him.

"Okay, but if you dont come back by 3 o'clock we are coming right after you. And I want Peter to meet you on your walk home."

"Urrg deal."

"Do you need a ride? Money?"

"Nope are get a cab with Starks allowance money."

"Okay be careful."

"I will!"

He raced out of the room to the stairs so he wouldn't have to face the others, I chuckled but nerves wore at me which stopped the chuckle quickly.

I walked out of the room to face the angry expressions on every Avengers face.

...
Time skip
...

It was exactly 2:57 most of us were pacing and the others glaring at Peters phone on the coffee table in the middle of the room. A ping shattered the tension filled silence we all raced up to see the text only for it to be from Peter's Aunt May.

We all groaned as Peter blushed fire engine red and fumbled to text back to his over protective Aunt May.

At the strike of 2:29 half of us staired at the phone while the other half at Tony who had his hand hovering over the button to track the young Latino.

Suddenly the phone binged a text from the said boy.

Taco boy:
Meet me at the sandwich shop in ten minutes I will explain what happened this day 8 years ago you can bing the others.

After we all read the text we raced out of the tower to Happys Limousine.

Once we walked in we raced to Leo who was in a large discluded booth in the back. As soon as we sat he started talking.

He explained how 8 years ago he and his mother walked into her workshop and she did her work like usual but when they got out to leave she forgot her keys. The doors locked magically and a women showed up he told us exactly what she said and how he lit his hands up with fire and through a ball of fire at her but she disappeared and he lit the shop on fire and killed his mother.

We hugged the now crying boy and guided him home and we assured him he was not a murderer that night we watched Aladdin his favorite movie.

He fell asleep half way through and I carried him back to our room right as we were leaving the living room he softly said.
"Goodnight Dad."
"Night son."

974 words🥵 That was so much fun to write! Thank you loud_book_dork for following me!