A Partner

TWO WEEKS LATER

There was something about the way that the heat clung to me which made me want to die. Maybe my suicidal thoughts also had something to do with the fact that above all, Hunter was dead. 

I didn’t love him. Our relationship was far too young for that. But I felt for him a lot more then I’d felt for anyone else, and then he was dead. I constantly tried to remind myself that no matter what, that was my job. My job was to kill him, and now, my job was to kill someone else. 

It was hot inside the club and it stuck to me. I was a dancer at one point. Before everything, it seemed only natural to come back to the one place I’d ever called home for a job. 

My target was a lanky, half beaten up man named Roger. He sat in the front row, attempting to force wads of bills into my underwear. I’d kissed him and he gave me money, and he’d not been able to take his eyes off me since. 

Good.

Finally, when my twenty minutes was up, he raced to the side exit to help me off stage. I didn’t take his hand however, I merely stared at him. 

“How much?” He asked, his eyes not leaving my breasts, which Martin had made sure practically fell out of the bra I was wearing. I didn’t dare look at him. I felt sick. 

“Two hundred.” His face dropped. 

“I’ve only got one fifty.” 

I had to, I had to look at him. I did and quickly grabbed his hand, “One fifty will do.” 

I led him down the corridor, until we found a private room. My stomach churned. I didn’t want to do this, I needed to do this, I didn’t want to. 

He stripped off, and I forced him onto the bed. He was excited, you could tell. I found myself looking at his chest, the way that his muscles dipped and curved. They didn’t look too bad. I lowered myself onto his chest, but he made me flip over, not even letting me touch him. 

“here’s the deal,” He said softly, “I’ll fuck you, no kissing, no touching. Then I’ll leave, okay.” 

“Fine.” Prick. I had nothing to argue with though, it’s not like I wanted him to have sex me. It was a job, and this would kill him. 

He removed my underwear quickly, like there was something in his system he needed to get out. I didn’t find it attractive at all.

 His dick found my entrance he pushed in, not even giving me time to react before he started to thrust. I squinted, pain biting at my innards. 

I couldn’t help but squirm under the pressure of his hands as he pushed me down onto the mattress, his hand on my head and one on my neck. 

“I’m going to kill you.” He said, voice soft. But I heard him. 

“not if I kill you first!” 

I reached up, tasted poison in my mouth and kissed him. He fought me, but I could hear that it was working. 

WHAT THE HELL

He tried to fight, but the poison was weakening his system. Flat Soda filled my mouth and I grimaced. 

Then, his breathing stopped. I slid out from under him and checked his pants for his wallet. Once I found it, I just took the whole thing. My stomach churned as I looked back at him. 

I’m going to kill you. He said, he threatened to kill me. 

Did someone put a hit out on me? 

I didn’t waste time using the spare closet in the dimly lit room to get changed. I threw on some jeans and a shirt and kept all the money he’d slipped into my underwear there. 

The moment I opened the door, I scowled. 

“Richard, for fucks sake.” 

“Damn, you’re not dead.” He shook his head, “I was testing a new recruit, it appears that he died in action.” 

“Don’t make me kill you, you’re damn lucky I didn’t do it the first time.” 

“Maybe I’ll kill you,” Richard said, twinkling his fingers out. 

“Do you have your dagger on you?” He looked down, frowning. 

“No.” 

“Well, good luck with killing me then, huh?” 

I walked around him, and he grabbed my arm. “Emile, come on, we’re friends right.” 

you tried to fucking kill Hunter,” I spat, “No. We’re not friends.” 

“But Hunter’s dead now anyway, so that’s water under the bridge.” 

“Take your hand off me, or I’ll kiss you.” He removed his hand, then put it back on. 

“You know what, do it,” I raised an eyebrow. “Go ahead, kiss me. What’s it going to do?” 

“Make you obsessed with me.” 

“Then I’ll just make a better partner.” 

“A better partner?” I asked. “Oh no.” 

“I was assigned as your partner, so, kiss me or kill me.” 

“I’m going to kill Luca.” I murmured. The asshole constantly paired me up with complete dickheads. Example, 1. Richard. “Where does he want us to go?” 

“Somewhere new, overseas I think.” 

“Overseas?” 

“Did you know we’re isolated, from everything?” 

“Well, yes. But who is there to kill across the seas? There’s got to be someone he wants us to kill over there.” 

“Yes there is, a man named Brut Pollo, he’s a commander of some big army. Apparently, I’m to be your Master and you my servant, and I’ll sell you to him. Then you’ll-” 

“Fuck and kill him, I get the point.” 

“You in?” 

I sighed, “Well, I don’t get much of a choice.” 

“True,” I started to walk off, and he grabbed my shoulder, spinning me around. Without warning he placed his lips over mine, and I could taste fast rising poison. It filled my mouth, and I pushed him back. 

“What was that!” 

“You didn’t kill me,” He said with a shrug, “Kiss or Kill, remember?” 

“You could’ve died.” I wiped my mouth on my jacket’s collar. 

“You taste like strawberries.” 

“You taste like smokes and alcohol, let’s go before I throw up.”