8: Gone*

* - third person point of view

"She's gone!" Alex told Lisie and the others. "She ran away to the forest." Everyone looked at him in disbelief. No one believed at first because everyone is afraid to go to the forest, especially during the night. She's Cassandra, Lisie thought. She won't last long, Jessie can't avoid thinking.

They tried to read her and track her from a far and yet just like a phone call, no one answered.

"She'll come back tomorrow." Lisie tried to stay positive but a day has passed and no one had ever seen her.

Every free period they would try to track her but fail. "Maybe it's the Legacy blood." Chloe said worriedly. Everyone is hoping that she's safe but knowing that she went straight to the forest made them feel really worried.

"Hey, have you seen Cass?" Daniel suddenly approached them at lunch. Alex wasn't there; he is sitting with the Neridas today. "Uhmmm, she went to visit her family." Lisie lied. Everyone except Daniel looked at her in disbelief. Daniel nodded and decided to go back to their table. "Ohh come on Lisie! Daniel!" Jessie called him back. "She's gone for 2 days now and the last time we saw her is she went through the forest. We need your help." Jessie said. "Why would she go there?" Daniel asked worriedly. "We--we just got into a fight and it didn't turn out great." Lisie said nervously. She didn't know what Daniel would do if he finds out they are the reason why she could be in danger right now. "I could see that." Daniel replied. His face seemed like he's assessing the situation. "Please help us." Chloe begged.

Since that day, Daniel helped them track Cass and because he's a Lost, his powers are more effective. Unfortunately, during that day, Cassandra's blood had become weaker and she can be directly affected by their magic. Alex did not know this. No one told him because they knew he wouldn't approve it.

By then, Cassandra has already become a blood bank of the Lobos and no one had any idea that she' s already lost amount of blood. Sometimes he would be able to track her but usually it disappears after a few seconds.

Each day, they have become more restless, more worried in looking for Cass. They knew something's wrong. Lisie knew that Cass doesn't get mad for that long. Or rather, she started to think that maybe what Alex and Jessie did was too much so she decided to confront Alex one day. "What did you do?!"

Alex, aware that he's mainly the reason of her leaving the Academy, confessed and told her the truth--that he asked Jessie to make her fall in love with him but was caught by Cass. "Oh my god, Alex. Why would you do that?!"

"I--I just wanted to keep her safe."

"Safe from what?!" Lisie asked angrily.

"Safe--safe from Daniel."

"Oh my god. What is wrong with you?! Days have passed and Daniel has been of great help to us. I don't think he would harm--"

"I know Daniel! I grew up with him, Lisie. You don't know what I went through because of him." Alex intervened.

"Does not give you the excuse to be selfish like that! To be playing with her like that!" Lisie answered. Their voice echoed across the empty hallway. Some students then started looking outside from their classrooms.

No one spoke for a while. They were just looking at each other, anger seen in their eyes. A few seconds later, Lisie finally calms down.

"You know... If you like her that much, you should've just stayed truthful and pursue her yourself." She said and then turned around and started walking away.

"I can't..." Alex answered in a manner that he can only hear.

---

One day, during dinner in Nerida residences, Jill came in looking very stressed and worried. "What's the problem, sis?" Sarah asked worriedly. "Murders everyday! This has got to stop!" Jill said angrily. "No one, I mean NO ONE messes with my academy!"