14 Aaron's Mate*

"Hey!" I hear someone call to me. I turn to see the woman from Red Rivers. Man, she's hot!

"Hey! You're the lady from Red Rivers pack!" I say, shooting her a smile."I'm Brayden, by the way... you didn't get in trouble with your Alpha because of me, did you?"

That dude is scary! I'd hate to know I caused problems for her, and he didn't look happy when he called her out.

"Naw, little man. The Alpha is actually my dad he just wanted to let me know he was staying with Alpha Aaron and your pack for the night." She tells me, then looks around. "Speaking of... where is your Alpha?"

"Alpha Mason's your DAD?!" I yell. That literally makes me shake. I couldn't imagine him as my dad. "Scary!" I say, and she laughs. I shake it off and decide to take her to Ari. Hopefully, he can stop being a jerk long enough to see her. "Fallow me!"

I lead her into the pack house. "You're pretty!" I say, turning to her as soon as we are through the door. "Do you like younger men?" I ask. Why not make a move? Her jaw drops. Before she can respond, I hear him come out of the office and turn towards him.

"She's spoken for pup." Ari says, coming into view.

"Ari!" I yell, hugging him. Ari hasn't been out of his office in days! I miss him. I decide to explain everything, knowing he doesn't like outsiders on his territory. "I found her outside. She was looking for you. Did you know Alpha Mason is her dad! Oh my gosh, he's so scary. I couldn't imagine living with him. I think I'd pass out whenever I saw him. Like the middle of breakfast plop! Head in my cereal bowl! I mean, he..." A stern look from Ari stops my rant. I did say I was trying to avoid his wrath.

"Sorry... I got excited." I tell him, looking at my shoes in submission.

"It's fine, buddy." Ari says, and I look up. He seems in a much better mood now. "You found her?" He asks.

"Well.... she found me but I brought her in... we were going to your office!" I say excited to have him back to normal.

"You have a son?" The woman asks. Ari goes quiet, and I chuckle.

"Na Ari's not my dad he just took me in when I was little." I answer her.

"Yeah. I picked Brayden up about 9 years ago. He'll be an Alpha one day. That is if I don't kill him first!" Ari says, running his knuckles through my hair.

"Stop it, Ari!" I yell at him and squirm away while laughs. He's definitely back to himself.

"So Ari? What are you up to?" She asks. No way only I can call him Ari! Why is he not mad? Wait! Is she the mate? She fits his description.

"He's supposed to be catching up on his paperwork!" Beta Clay says.

"But I can put it off since you're here." Ari responds, eyeing Clay. Does Clay not realize who she is? Nah, he must just be messing with Ari.

"No need...I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff... I can help!" She offers.

"Ummm, Lilly." Ari says awkwardly, glancing back at his office. So that's her name. "You don't have to. I can..."

"It's no problem, Aaron. I breeze through it at my pack... hey, Bray, you wanna help?" She says. I can't believe she wants me to help. This is awesome! Alpha training from two Alphas! Ari did say she was an Alpha.

"Anything for you!" I tell Lilly, giving her a hug.

"Sounds great. You guys can get to work. I'll have the kitchen send over some food." Clay says, pushing us toward Ari's office.

We walk into the perpetuity messy office, and Lilly's eyes go wide.

"Wow," she says as we come in. I see Aaron look away, embarrassed.