30 The End*

"Stay here, you two." I say as I stand up from the table.

My little pack doesn't have much of a fighting force, so they need every able hand. As Alpha, I am most needed, but I don't want my girls getting hurt.

"Status update." I bark at Eric as I enter my office.

"Some rogues at the border." He says.

"Are they attacking?" I ask. I'm surprised we aren't knee-deep in rogues  if they are so close. They don't come near pack boundaries without a reason.

"They want to talk to you." He says, and I growl. Nothing good will come of this.

"Where are they?" I ask.

"Northern border." I nod to them and head for the door.

"Call Alpha Aaron. Ask him to send backup. Just in case they want to do more than talk."

Our land is small, unlike Midnight Moon or Red Rivers. It takes no time for me to get to my territory line.

"Ahhh... the baby Alpha finally comes out to play." The rank smelling, disheveled man says as I approach.

"I take it you're the leader of these mutts." I respond, ignoring his taunt.

"We want to make a deal... your guardian angel is not close enough to help you, and we outnumber you. We want your pup. Give us the little Alpha, and you keep your pack." I growl at him. It's true Ari won't get here in time if he decides to attack, but I can't give up my baby girl. My best bet is to stall.

"Why do you want her? She's a pup. She'd be of no use to you." I tell him.

"You, as her father, don't want to know what we have planned. Just focus on your pack, Alpha. What's more important? Your daughter or your entire pack? I'm leaving you your mate. You can make another pup." He says like you can simply replace your child. This man is sick! But I need him to talk. I need to control my wolf, who keeps telling me to rip his throat out.

"I need to know what you want her for. I couldn't live, not knowing." I know this line of questioning will just make me angry, but it seems like the best way to keep him talking. The longer he talks, the less we have to fight and the better chance I have of Ari getting here in time.

"I told you you don't want to know, but if you insist!... we will take her and raise her as our own teach her to kill and to hate pack wolves. When she proves herself Alpha, she will kill you and take your pack, creating a home for us. Then we will mate her with our strongest son and accept all rogue wolves growing the pack. In the end, your pack will be the largest and most powerful pack in the world." Classic villain monologue. I didn't think he'd seriously spill his entire plan. What is this a cartoon?

"So I'm dead, my mate is dead, my pack is destroyed, and my daughter is tortured either way. In what world did you think I'd agree to this?" I growl at him, and he flashes his canines.

"I didn't... think it over Alpha. You have one hour to give her over, or everyone dies." He just gave me time. That's the only reason I kept talking to him. I nod and back away slowly, holding back the urge to tell him to screw off. I need to give Ari time to get here. He's my only hope.

I ran back to the pack house to find my Beta.

"Eric!" I call out as soon as he is in sight.

"What did they want, Bray?" He asks.

"Is Ari coming?" I ignore his question.

"Yes, he's on his way as we speak. Now, what do they want?" He repeats the question.

"Bella... I'm going home. I need to protect her." I don't tell him, and he nods.

"Why?" He asks as I'm nearly out the door.

"Power." I give my one word response and go to find my girls.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"We only have an hour, Chelsey!" I argue. "Well, now it's more like 27 minutes. Take Isabella and run south! You'll meet Ari's men, and they will protect you!"

"And who will protect you? We need every able fighter, Brayden! That includes me. I'm the Luna, for goodness sake! I have just as much right to protect my people as you do!" She yells. It's true she has that right, but she's one of the people I desperately want to protect.

"Protect our girl, Chelsey... please, keep her safe. I know you can fight. Someone needs to protect our future, our family." I beg, and she sighs.

"Come back to me. Don't leave me in this world alone. Fight and win. Don't leave your daughter... I'll do it." She whispers, bowing her head as she cries, thinking the worst. I kiss her forehead.

"I'll do my best." I tell her as I leave the house ready to fight.

When I open the door, it is chaos. I guess they didn't stick to the one hour deal. I begin to fight, killing rogue after rogue. I watch as my people are torn apart. We are a well trained few, but what can you do against so many? After a while, I see what I most feared. My little girl walking amongst the carnage. I shift to my human form and run for her when I am blindsided.

"Give us the girl, and we'll  let you live!" The leader yells as I stand up from his attack.

"Never!" I growl punching him. This man needs yo die!

"Run Bella!" I yell as I see her come closer.

"No!" She cries reaching for me. "Poppa, come on! Let's go!"

The leader tackles me, and Eric joins the fight, ripping him off of me and punching him in the stomach. I jump up and grab my little girl, pulling her away from the fight.

"RUN BELLA! RUN UNTIL YOU'RE SAFE!" I command her. She looks panicked and doesn't want to but has no choice in the matter. It was an Alpha command.

She takes off running. Thank you, God, that she is quick. I run back to the fight. Please take care of her. I send up a prayer.

We continue to fight. I feel my strength drain with each fallen pack member. An Alpha's strength is in his pack, and mine is dying. I feel each and every loss. Eventually, my body is beyond complying with my command. No matter how much I tell my paws to move, they won't. I lay on the ground as I am swarmed by ravenous teeth. I hear a howl in the distance... Ari. He came. Protect my girl Ari. That is my last thought as the darkness takes me.