Chapter Forty-Three It's Midnight

Moral Of The Story- Ashe

"Hey, Ryder." A voice says and slightly glance up seeing Gina with a drink in her hand. She holds out the drink for me to take, but instead I look around for Dallas before remembering he said he was going to the store. I hesitantly take the drink holding in my hands before staring down at it and feeling Gina sit on the bed next to me. "I know you're confused and you're hurting right now. I just want to tell you that we are going to do everything we can to help you, okay? We won't stop until you're okay again. We're gonna help you get better again. We're all gonna be here for you every step of the way.

"If you need anything, I'll be down the hall to the left. Okay?" I nod and she nods back before walking to the door and walking out, leaving me alone. I take a small sip of the drink realizing it's water and I let out a sigh. I hate being alone, especially in a small room like this. For some reason I feel like I should be locked up. I feel like I I deserve it. I shouldn't be here free like this if Drake's locked up. I should be locked up like him. I should be locked up like Selene, Felix. Maybe I need a little space too. Well, there is a place I can go. Blake's lock up. Standing up, I walk to the door and walk out seeing no one around. Then I walk down the hall to the door out of the building.

I walk to the building where they hold their prisoners and I walk in, seeing no one around. I guess they suck at guarding this place. I quietly walk down the hall, hearing shuffling and punching noises coming from the cell Drake was in and I hesitate wondering what was happening before passing it by finding an empty cell before walking in, going to the corner and sitting down with my knees against my chest. Wrapping my arms around them and resting my head on my knees, sadness comes over me as I begin quietly crying I hear footsteps walking around, but I block out all noises and close my eyes letting my emotions take over.

Dallas' POV

I told Ryder I went to the store, but really I went to pay Drake a visit. What he did to her made me so angry, I knew I couldn't just sit back and let him sit in a cell peacefully while Ryder was broken, sick, hurt. So I went to Drake and I let the guard watch as I beat him. For some reason they wanted to but I didn't mind. What I minded was when I was punching Drake, he laughed. He said Ryder will never be the same again, and that he'd always have some control over her. He said we'd never get the old Ryder back, and it angered me that he thought that. It angered me that he could be right.

Walking out of Drake's cell, the guards closing the door behind me, I walk out of the building and toward the gang one. I wanted to talk to Ryder about our argument. I wanted to explain everything to her, and I wanted to apologize but I can't do that when she's like this. When she's hurting like she is now, I can't talk to her about those thing because she'll just agree with me. I can't do that to her. I hate the very fact that she listens to me now, that she does what I say. I want the old Ryder back. The version of her that argued with me, the girl who did what she wanted, not what I wanted.

I just want Ryder back. I let out a sigh as I walk into the building and stand outside the door where Ryder was as Gina comes down the hall and I turn to face her. "How was she?" I ask curiously and she shrugs.

"She's different." Gina sighs. "She's not the old Ryder. It's strange. She was nervous while you were gone, but I gave her a cup of water and then walked out to fix up my office a bit. And I left a message for a psychologist I know, I think he'd be a lot of help but seeing as it's midnight, I should have waited to call him tomorrow. I'm just worried about her. She's Ryder, the street boxer, the fighter, the girl who stands up for everyone. The girl who's literally been to hell and back and returned stronger than ever. I mean, this is the girl who's been kidnapped three times, and survived all through that.