Chapter Sixty-Seven My Own Fault

I Dare You- Kelly Clarkson

Be sure you don't miss something important if you don't want to read the memories. I do have things in between and if skip through you'll miss something important.

"This morning I hit her with a door." The nurse gives him a strange look. "On accident," She relaxes, "and she's been acting weird." I elbow him gently.

"I have not." I say.

"If you weren't acting weird, you would have elbowed me harder than that." He states as a matter of fact before looking back to the nurse.

"How do you know that?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Because I know everything." He states in a bored tone.

"Guys maybe I should-"

"That's not true, or possible." I say.

"Yes it is." He states bringing me to a chair and sitting me down before standing next to me giving me space.

"No, it's not. You barely know how to spell your name let alone know anything about me." I say looking away.

"You hate hospitals. You hate when people leave the door open. You hate tomatoes. You blame yourself for your brother's death when it's not your fault. You blame yourself for everything that's not your fault. You fight so you can learn to bare pain. You fight to know how to fight back. You don't like many people. You've been through a lot. You love chocolate. Like really love it, I think is weird. You stated you would marry chocolate if you could. You like lays BBQ chips."

"Ooh, those are good." The nurse says, but Dallas isn't done yet.

"You like pizza. You like almost every single food on this planet. You like taking risks, living on the edge. You say you hate school, but you really like it. It takes your mind of things and when things don't go bad, you have fun. You're unhealthily in love with rain. You don't care if you get dirty or wet or not, you don't even care if you get hurt. If you're hurt and someone else is hurt, you won't care about yourself, you'll take care of them. You'll make sure they're okay.

"You like clean places, but you hate cleaning. That's strange, but I don't care. You have a tough act in hopes that people won't bother with you, but that hasn't worked on Sam or me and the guys. You don't want to make friends but when it happens, you let it happen because you know you need someone to talk to when you're alone or sad. You're always alone, and you say you like being alone but is not true, you hate it. You hate the feeling of no one being there for you. You pretend to be mean or like you don't care about us, but you do.

"You don't want to go to your hometown because you're not ready to face everything again. You're still running from your past. You don't know who you can trust because so many people have broken it. You don't know what you feel because you've been shut down for so long. You don't know how to act about how you feel so you run or you fight it." Dallas says as I stare at him in shock. "I know you better than you think I do." He crosses his arms and looks away from me as the nurse looks back and forth between us.

* * *

     "Right." I say looking back toward Dallas as he heaved in a breath before letting his eyes roam around, toward me. "He is cuter than you isn't he." I smile looking to Wesley as he chuckles.

     "I think not." He says shaking his head. "I'm the best looking guy here."

     "I have to disagree." I say taking a few steps back. "If I didn't," I shrug. "I'd be lying." He shakes his head again.