Soul Siblings

3rd persons P.O.V-

Leyla has been missing for a week. It's taken its toll on each of the Rescue Riders. They hadn't done a Rescue all week. It just wasn't the same without Leyla.... All the towns people were sad when they heard the news about Leyla. They were extra careful not to get into any danger knowing the Rescue Riders were really busy looking for Leyla. The Rescue Riders (mines Leyla) we're walking towards Chief Duggard.

"Hey Chief? Can we see your map? We need to look for Leyla." Dak asked Chief Duggard.

"Umm sure but..." Duggard said glancing away.

"But what?" Dak asked.

"Well... you might want to except the fact that she's not coming back..." Duggard said sadly.

"What are you talking about of course she's coming back. She... she's not dead." Dak's words sounded harsh by the way he talked but Chief Duggard knew better.

He could see the pain and fear behind Dak's emerald eyes. The pain of his sister not being next to him right now. The fear of his sister never being by his side ever again.

"Dak it might be hard to understand but" Before Duggard could finish his sentence Dak cut him off.

"There's nothing hard to understand, she coming back." Dak said with bite in his voice. He backed up and jumped onto Wingers saddle.

"Let's go." Dak muttered to Winger.

"Dak I didn't mean" The Rescue Riders didn't stay to hear what the Chief was going to say, they flew back to the Roost.

Dak slid off Winger saddle and onto the ground. "C-Can you believe him! He-He just..." Dak said with clenched fist. He was facing the other Rescue Riders.

"Dak... he might be right...." Winger said glancing away.

"We can't give up yet! Winger.... Leyla is practically your sister." Dak said looking at him.

"She is but..." Winger started.

"But it hard to face the facts." Summer said, knowing what he meant.

"What facts?" Dak said crossing his arms and glaring at them.

"The.. the blood." Aggro said quietly.

"Yeah..." Cutter agreed sadly.

"You guys are being really negative." Dak said with a glare.

"What do you expect us to do! We've searched everywhere!" Aggro said her temper rising.

"Guys don't fight." Burple whispered quietly. Though the other Rescue Riders didn't hear him or just ignored him.

"I expected you guys to not give up! We need to keep searching!" Dak yelled.

"Even if we find her, she'll probably be dead!" Cutter said.

That was it Dak ran off and into the roost. He keep trying to kick it the steps in anger.

"Where are you Leyla?" He whispered. He was in wet anger. As he kept kicking the steps.

"Why won't you break!" Dak yelled out in anger. He felt tears well up in his eyes. He let wet tears roll down his face. He felt Winger's wings wrap around his frail body. Winger was on his hind legs and his front legs wrapped around the sobbing boy. Dak turned around in the hug and clung onto Winger neck. All the other Rescue Riders joined in on the hug. They all stayed huddled together, sleeping until morning came.

Leyla's P.O.V-

"So tell me again, why can't I go outside?" I asked Darris.

"Because it's dangerous out there and you don't don't know how to fight. You also don't know how to use any weapons." He said. I mean he did have a point...