The heist

Sneaking into the sergeants office was easier than expected. Juniper was asleep at his desk, his hat tipped up to cover his eyes. On the side lay a half-eaten stem of catnip.

You crept along the polished wooden floor, careful to avoid slipping in the papers strewn about in various places.

You made your way over to the filing cabinet and eased it open. Flipping through the alphabetically ordered files, you stopped at B.

Y/N: Holy whiskers and Pollicle tails!

You triumphantly whispered, carefully sliding out a big blue sheet with the Ventilation system printed on it.

Suddenly, Juniper grunted in his sleep and drowsily opened his eyes, but you were already out the door and scampering down the hallway.

Hiding the blueprints behind your back and nodding to the guard outside of Macavity's cell, you entered. He took one look at you and rolled his eyes,

Macavity: I knew you'd fail

Y/N: do you call this failing?

You held up the blueprints and his eyes widened for a split second.

Macavity: you make an adequate criminal.

Y/N: don't get all sentimental we still need to escape.

You slid Macavity the blueprints and he climbed up to the vents, unscrewing each nut and bolt around the edge.

Macavity: see you outside

He winked and crawled into the vents, closing the mini door behind him.

You waved goodbye to the guard and stepped outside into the freeing air.

Macavity: took you long enough,
You heard a familiar purr behind you and there stood Macavity leaning against the wall,

Macavity: mind using those?
He gestured to your claws, you obliged and tore up the blueprints to shreds, then you and Macavity both ran down an alley and disappeared.