Chapter Three: Reluctance

The first coherent thought, or better yet any thought, you could muster was that every part of your body felt undeniably heavy. It felt as if though you had been dunked underwater and whatever liquid was still seeping through your ears. It was all just achey and very distant, which was undeniably unpleasant. So, you attempted to lift your head but you barely were able to and it fell once again so your chin hit your chest.
          A groan managed to pass through your lips, but ultimately you sat there uselessly until you're limbs decided to cooperate with you.

          Until then, you let your ears be your eyes. They listened intently to what sounded like some sort of person talking in another room, but it was so faint and muffled that you could not make out even a gender of the speaker. Not like it mattered too much, but you wondered where that man went. Wait, the man! You had completely forgot about why you were here, and then you realized that it was because you had been drugged, or something or other. Of course, this conclusion took some gripping onto your thoughts to actually comprehend. Even your thoughts felt quite out of reach, so you decided to just let them come back as naturally as you were able to let them. You hoped you'd get your answers soon enough, but before that all you had to do was wait patiently.

          The walls inside your mind were as black and blank as they could get as you let the edges of a headache do their best to filter out as your eyes remained closed. How long had you been there? Was there someone in the room with you? Where are you? Many questions probed at your still aching brain, and it only resulted in a harsher grip once you overthought the topic at hand.
          Fortunately, your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a metal door unlocking and then opening from behind you a ways away. It undoubtedly made the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight and your shoulders tense as much as they were able without adding to your pains. After the door proceeded to most likely shut, there was no real sound after for a long while. It made you wonder if anyone actually came in.

          "Still asleep?" A voice prodded suddenly from an inch away from your supposedly sleeping figure. "Peculiar. I guess I'll just have to wait."
          The voice was from someone who was at least middle ranged in pitch, and his talking was rather fast and almost matter-of-factly. The only conclusion you could make in your presumed asleep state was that he was light on his toes, for a chair suddenly was heard squeaking against the floor as it was moved outward. Once again, feigning guesses into the air, you merely assumed that it was the man who entered your stationary room.
          Though, you had a faint advantage over him, since he believed that you were asleep. This would come in handy, you decided after some time of just listening to the deafening silence.

          "I've waited for Luna, and now I have to wait even longer for them. This is very inconvenient," he started with a frown to his voice, and a very small and repetitive tapping noise started up. "But I suppose it's fine. They shouldn't have longer to go anyways."
          It was then silent for multiple minutes minus the small tapping noises, so you decided to let another groan erupt as you tried lifting your head again. While giving your head time to filter out the fuzz, it improved your attempts at trying to lift your head and be aware of everything.

          The first time you opened your eyes the sights were blurry, but you could make out a man in some sort of white suit sitting across a table in front of you. You sputtered a small cough in hopes it would make it more believable that you had just stirred.
          "It's about time you woke up!" The man almost seemed to announce as he stood up from the table to tilt his head in your direction. "It's quite surprising that you were out for that long. I was able to have a whole conversation with your little friend, and successfully knock her out a second time, and you were asleep for the full of it! Hah! Amusing."