Chapter 1

I gaze at the university standing before me in all its Glory. Princeton University. One of the best schools in the county. I am still shocked that I managed to get into this school. All my hard work and efforts really paid off. Not to mention my great grandmother being a boss and giving me and my cousins all her inheritance.

My parents were smiling from ear to ear and talking happily amongst themselves. We passed the main entrance and drove to where the dorms were located. Once we reached the dorms we all got out of the car and started unloading the boxes from the trunk.

Until I heard a loud shriek. I knew who it was without even turning around.

"SIMION!!!!!"

"SAMATHAAA!!!"

I quickly turned and ran to her and she jumped on me laughing and squeezing me to death. We both let go and screamed again clapping our hands and laughing. Causing a few stares but were too excited to care.

Samatha is my best friend in the whole world. We first made friends in kindergarten after being outcasted by our classmate. We both went to a predominated white school and Samatha is Nigerian and I am Korean. So let's just say we were a bit of shock to our young classmates. So we decided to just befriend each other instead. Best decisions as we become the best of friends. Since we were kids, we always wanted to go to the same university so we both worked really hard to get in. Samantha is crazy smart so she got a full-ride scholarship to Princeton.

"This so exciting we in college like college together! I can't believe it" she says as she jumps with joy.

"I know! I was totally stunned when I entered, this place is fancy as fuck!" I said a little too loudly.

"Simon," my father said in a stern voice. As he was pulling the boxes from the care. I'm 19 yet still not allowed to swear which I find bizarre.

I turned to him and tilted my head slightly to apologises. I turned back to Samatha "I need to unpack my stuff and move in, so meet like later?"

"Yeah, I'll text you when I'm done unpacking so we can wander around the place," she says waving and running back to her family. Which I waved at also.

I helped my dad with a heavy box while my mom took the suitcases with my clothes. We can find my dorm room quickly. My room looked really nice and neat it had two double beds which were nicely spread apart. We had a mini-fridge in the corner and two study desks at each side. The room was bigger than I expected which made me happy cause I have always been an only child so I never had to share a room before. We also lucky enough to have an ensuite thank god. I was not about to share a bathroom with other strangers. I looked for any trance of life but it looked like my roommate had not moved in yet which means I have time to settle down.

My parents investigated the room and helped me move all my large boxes in. They gave me their regular talk about no drugs, school is the main focus and blah blah. While they helped me with my led lights and other decorations that I am too weak to do myself.

"Okay, that is the last of it. This is it." my mom said with teary eyes.

"Omma," I say hugging her tightly I let out a fake cry making my dad glare at me.

"Simon, stop teasing your mother this very hard for her," he said shaking his head.

"Are you assuming I am not DEVASTATED ?! How can I leave my mama?" I say pouting and rubbing her back.

My mom nodded and moved closer to me glaring at my dad.

He sighed in defeat.

"SON, I'm going to miss you but I swear if you cause any trouble-" he says pointing at me directly waving his fingers.