Chapter 3

"Earth to Simon," Samatha says waving her hands in front of me.

I come out of my daydream and turn to her. We were in the campus dining hall and for the first time since school started Alex was actually eating here. He was sitting a few tables from us with Max. We had asked them to sit with us but Alex just gave me an icy look and moved to empty seats. Max was conflicted to where he should go sit but we told him it was okay and he should sit with his friend.

"Did I ever tell you he is a model?"

"Yes, like every fucking day," Samatha says digging into her food.

"He just doesn't seem like the type it's still hard to believe and it got me thinking like what else do think he is hiding you know?" I say staring at Alex.

"I don't honestly fucking care and you shouldn't either. He is bad news," she says pointing at me seriously.

"I'm just curious about him that's all... Like he is famous kinda he could be the ticket in finding all my Hollywood boyfriends" I wink laughing.

"I still don't like him. He gives me major bad vibes like I never even seen him smile like once. Even Max is scared of his look" she nodes at the two boys who eating in silence and she was right Max does look slightly uneasy. To be fair, I do hear them have a normal conversation. Sometimes I even hear Max laugh but I didn't want it to seem like I'm defending Alex to Samatha.

"Hey guys, my professor was fucking sick today, can you believe it? Walked all the way across campus for what?! Like I bet the old snot sent letters not emails like normal fucking person. Hate old people" Alisha says as she slams her books on the table. "Anyway, what's happening?"

"Simon here is totally crushing over Alex," Samatha says elbowing me.

"Ugh, Alex again? Why so obsessed with him?" she scoffs eating her muffin.

"I am not obsessed! I just find it interesting that-"

"He is a model," they say in unison.

"Ok, and that he is-"

"-the dean's son," they say cutting me off again.

"Because he is-"

"-So mysterious," they say rolling there eyes this time.

Do I really talk about him that much? just hate not knowing everything about a person. Like hello, I am usually great at reading people but with Alex, it's like a blank paper.

I gave them all a middle finger and they giggled. We moved on the conversation about a Halloween party that is coming up. Our first college party. I am so excited like this is going to be so lit.

"What costumes should we wear? I am thinking ghostbusters?"

"Nah loads of people do. We should do Scooby doo that is rare"

"But we only have 4 people that would not work-"

"-which is why I am bringing another person in our little party group" I grin at myself.

Mission 1. Get Alex comfortable around our group. Is on the go.

"Excuse me, ladies, while I go talk to my roommate," I say getting up from my seat. They did not try to stop me. They have concluded that I am a lost cause when it comes to Alex.

I confidently moved to where Alex was eating his lunch. Max looked shocked and his eyes begged me to leave. I shook my head at him and tapped his shoulders. I lean into his ears and whisper.

"I need to talk to my dear roommate of mine" smiling at Alex who was too busy with his phone to see what was happening.

"Dude, please-" Max said with cute little puppy dog eyes.