Prologue

"Cassandra, please. I'm begging you, don't leave me."

It broke Cassandra's heart when she saw how tears slowly fall from his eyes. She felt her whole world crashed at the sight of the person she loves being broken like this.

"I'm sorry, Varian. But I'm doing this for you," she whispered.

"No, Cassie. Please, don't. Y-you're the only one who understands me. I love you, Cassie," he whispered, pulling her into a hug.

Tears started to fall from her eyes, she doesn't want to leave him. She loves him with all her heart — but this is wrong. He's a Prince while she's just a measly nobody.

She pushed him away with all the remaining strength she have left. "I'm sorry, Varian."

"Five steps," he whispered. "If you take five steps away from me then that mean you're really letting all of our memories go."

She gulped, a sinking feeling on her stomach. Her hands were shaking as she took the steps aways from him.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

"Five," he stated.

Their eyes met as he let out a sad smile. "Goodbye, Cassie. I hope you'll be happy with your decision."

"Goodbye, Varian."

--

I'm gonna go change their age for a bit on this AU.

Cassandra - 29
Varian - 25

They will be a bit OOC in here. (so I can add a bit of drama in the story.)

I'll put the book cover tomorrow. XD

Goodnight!