1

Years later...

"Cassandra, are you ready?" asked Andrew with a smirk on his face. She knew that look — it looks like he's really sure that their plan would truly work.

"Ready," said Cassandra, a fake smile plastered in her lips.

This have been her life for the past few years ever since she left the Kingdom of Starlight and her mother abandoning her — she doesn't even remember her name. Nevertheless, she doesn't care. There's no point of going back to the past when there's the future ahead of her.

"Make sure that all the make up in your face will make you unrecognizable," said Andrew, his eyebrows furrowing as he examined her face.

She rolled her eyes and gave him a push. "Back off, Andrew. Stop ordering me. You know that I hate to do this mission in the first place."

Andrew let out a mocking laugh. "What? Afraid that your little Prince will remember you? Wake up, Cassie. You left him, remember? He's probably moved on with a new Princess in his side."

"Stop it."

He once again laughed. "I won't stop. Not until that fact entered your brain. He doesn't love you any—"

Anger filled Cassandra's mind. A sinking feeling on her stomach and a glare fixated at him. She raised her fist, landing it to side of his cheek.

Woah. That felt good.

"You bi-"

"Talk to me once your tiny mind processed the fact that I am the boss here." She turned her back and went back to her cabin.

A few moments later, Cassandra found herself in a fancy gown and a lot of make-up on her face. Sure, her face weren't actually known since she always wear a mask on every heist but it's better safe than sorry.

This is her life now for the past few years. A thief. She used to be partnered with Flynn Ryder but the guy went missing for a few days and then after that, she just saw him leaving the life of crime for the Princess of Corona. How lucky that man was.

She's known to be the Ice Lady — all thanks to Ryder for calling her like that. She actually hates it but she can't do anything about it since it's now plastered all around the wanted poster in all the kingdoms.

Her eyes roamed around as memories flodded her mind. This is where she used to hangout with him. The Starlight Kingdom had been her home. Keyword: HAD.

She hates the fact that she needs to get back just for a heist. If only the artifact she needs to steal isn't unique. But honestly, she just wanted to see him for his coronation and be the King of the this kingdom.

She let out a bitter smile, a sinking feeling on her stomach. A king. He'll surely be a great one. Just for one last time, she'll be here for a special day of his life. After that, she'll leave and try to move on — if only her heart would let it.

She wiped the tear that was threatening to fall from her eyes. She heaved a deep breath and tried to compose herself. She can't let herself be weakened like this. Emotional attachments would be the antagonist for the main reason why she was in here.

Trumpets were heard and that was a sign for everyone to stay quiet as the huge doors opened. And there he was, Varian. Walking towards the crown — his new destiny.

She can't tore her gaze away from him. She loves the way he stood with his chin up, authority and yet kindness radiating from his tall form. He really did changed. The way the royal cape was hanging from his shoulders.

This is what she have always wanted to see — the main reason why she left. To see him be the King he is meant to be — even if she's not there by his side. Yes. People may call her selfish.

But she's not selfish enough to sacrifice his happiness just for her own.

The former king, Quirin, stood tall in front of his son — the crown in his hands. "Do you, Varian Silvan, will fullfill your duty as the King of the beloved kingdom of Starlight?"

"I do." His voice became more deep and mature than she remembered.

"Do you promise to love your kingdom and set aside your own happiness just for the sake of it?"

"I do."

"Well then," said Quirin as he placed the crown on his son's head with a proud smile on his face. "I now crowned you, King Varian Silvan of Starlight."

He turned to the audience, a kind smile on his face. Cassandra can't help but let out a sad smile. She's really happy for him but now — this meant that she can never be part of his life again.

She frozed when their eyes met. She blinked and looked to see that he wasn't staring at her. Maybe it was just her imagination. She shook her head. That's absurb. He can't possibly recognize her with all this make up on her face.

"Now, it's time for you to choose your Chancelor from anyone in this room, someone who would help you make decisions in the kingdom," said Quirin.

Varian smiled and nodded. "I would like my Chancelor to be... Cassandra Lim."

Cassandra felt like a bucket of cold water washed over her. She frozed, her eyes widening as she saw him pointing his finger at her direction. What's happening? This isn't part of the plan!

The guards walked towards her and assisted her towards the front. She could hear everyone murmuring and talking about what just happened.

"Who is that girl?"

"Why would the King pick a Chancelor that is not even part of the Royal Court?"

She continued to walk but it felt like everything doesn't make sense. Each step she took made it hard to breath. How could he knew that it was her all along? She gulped as the guards pointed her to stand next to him.

Varian slowly turned his head to her, a smile on his face — but she knew that something else is behind it.

"I don't know what I did to make you leave me before, Cassie. But I do know now that I would never let you go again — not when you came back."

Oh no.