chapter one

"Dream, seriously, don't hang up on me," George laughs, leaning forward in his chair.
"If you're gonna be like that then I will," Dream answers, and George can hear the smile in his voice.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Literally shut up. Every time I ask you to come here you say the same crap about getting a visa," Dream laughs. "Are you even trying?"
"Yes, I'm trying," George scoffs. "It's complicated."
"Maybe you should find an American girl to marry, and then you won't have to worry about it."
"I don't-" George stops, his smile growing impossibly wider. "I could marry you."
"What?" Dream says, the word broken by a surprised laugh.
"I'm serious, I could marry you."
"George, I love you, but not like-"
"Shut up," he interrupts, his cheeks flushing. "We can get divorced when we actually find someone we want to marry."
Dream is silent for a beat. "But... you can't just move here... you have a family in London with you." His joking tone was gone.
"That doesn't matter, we're not close," George says dismissively. "Will you just marry me? Please?"
"What will people think?" He says it quietly, and George can clearly hear the worry in his tone.
"We won't tell anyone. It's our business."
The other man laughs. "This is crazy. I can't just marry you, George, I'm sorry-"
"That's fine," George says, nonchalantly. "I'm sure Sapnap would be more than happy to secretly marry me so I could move to Texas with h-"
"Fine, I'll do it," Dream groans. "I hate you."
George laughs. "Don't say that. You love me."
"Whatever. Bad is streaming, I'm gonna go kick his ass."
"Okay, I might join you. Bye Dream."
There's rustling across the phone. "Bye George."
"Dream, wait-" George says urgently.
"Yeah?"
"I- I mean, thank you. For marrying me."
Dream sighs. "Did you really think I could've said no to you? You're my best friend."
George echoes Dream's sigh. "I guess... I love you Dream." He cringes as he says the words, waiting for Dream to take it the wrong way and take back what he just said.
He hears a slight thump through the phone.
"Awww, George, you said it," Dream gushes playfully. "I love you too."

"What the hell, Dream!" George exclaims the second he is sure both of their streams have ended.
"What?" Dream laughs.
"Why would you bring that up on stream?" George says, accusation coating his words thickly.
"What?" Dream repeats, still not understanding.
"This isn't funny!"
"George, what are you even talking about," Dream says calmly, trying to stifle his laughter.
"The marriage thing!" George huffs. "Why would you bring it up?"
Dream suddenly understands, and he only finds the situation funnier. "Why are you so angry?"
"You made me out to be a fool!"
"Calm down," Dream wheezes, making his Minecraft avatar hit George's.
"I looked like a complete idiot!"
"I looked like a complete idiot!" Dream mocks, doing a painfully bad british accent.
George chuckles quietly, and Dream knows he's off the hook. "You're so stupid."
"Guys?"
Dream's laughter cuts off sharply, and through his headset he can hear George's soft, surprised gasp.
"...yes, Sapnap?" Dream says finally, cringing.
"What the hell is going on?" He laughs.
"How long have you been eavesdropping?" George asks, taking on the accusatory tone again.
Sapnap and Dream chuckle in unison. "Long enough to think there's something fishy going on here," the former says jokingly.
Dream tries to hold himself together.
George scoffs. "Well it's none of your business, Sapnap. How were you so quiet?" His avatar runs off Dream's screen.
"I muted my mic," he explains. "While you guys were ending your streams, my mom yelled for me, and when I got back you were tweakin' out about 'the marriage thing.' Which makes me believe there's some truth to it."
"Well, what Dream said is completely true. I begged him to marry me but he said no," George says. Dream rolls his eyes at how phony it sounds.
"Mhm, okay," Sapnap says. Dream can by his tone that Sap doesn't quite believe George, but he's not going to press him about it.
They continue to play as if nothing had happened.

-A few months later-

"Dream, please tell me?" Sapnap pouts.
"No."
"Please?" He moves his face closer to his camera.
"No."
Knowing he's getting close to breaking his friend, Sapnap persists. "Please, Dreamy, tell me." He gets even closer to his screen and widens his big brown eyes.
"Fine," Dream groans, rolling his eyes.
Sapnap sits up excitedly, glad to be let in the loop. "Yay," he says innocently.
"George is moving in with me."
Sapnap's jaw drops. "What?"
"Yeah. We've been planning it for a couple months. I found an apartment and he's flying here in about two weeks."
"How?" Sapnap asks. "I mean, isn't moving here super hard for foreigners?"
Dream is silent for a second, and Sapnap can see his discomfort through the phone. "We're, uh... we're getting married, Sap."
His jaw drops again, then closes, then opens, then closes again. His mind races, but he finally lands on- "That makes sense, I guess."
The anxious wrinkles on Dream's forehead smooth as a smile spreads across his face. "Yeah, I guess it does."
Sapnap runs a hand through his hair. "How did I miss this? I mean, I'm happy for you guys, but I can't believe I missed it."
"We've been keeping it pretty lowkey."
"When is it?"
"When is what?"
"The wedding?"
Dream's eyes widen. "Oh jeez, that's coming up. A week after George gets here."
"So next month?" Sap's brow furrows. "Why wasn't I invited?"
"It was just gonna be family," Dream explains. He pushes a piece of blond hair out of his face. "Just my family and George's mom."
A twinge of hurt crosses Sapnap's face. "Oh. Okay."
Dream's eyes focus on the top of his own screen, then he looks back to Sap. "Sorry, I have to go," he frowns.
"Alright," Sapnap says, trying not to dwell on the fact that his best friends didn't think to invite him to their wedding. Even if it was kept secret and completely out of nowhere.
"Stream later?" Dream asks. Sapnap can hear that he feels bad, too.
"Yea, of course," he says, trying to remain indifferent.
"Cool."
They hang up, and Sapnap immediately sends George a message of congratulations.

"You told Sapnap?" George asks Dream the second he answers.
"George, quit calling me," Dream whines jokingly. "I can't afford these international calls."
"I'm paying for it!" George exclaims, laughing. "Why did you tell him?" He didn't mind that Sapnap knew, but he was a little disappointed he didn't get to see his face when he heard.
"I felt bad, he gave me those big puppy eyes," Dream explains.
George rolls his eyes, even though Dream can't see it. "You're such a softie."
"What can I say, brown eyes are my kryptonite," Dream says. George can tell he's multitasking by the distracted lilt in his voice and the rustling through the phone.
"I have brown eyes," George says, smiling.
There's a zipping sound through the phone, and then an oddly familiar sound. "I know, but I didn't mean you-"
"Are you peeing?" George asks, flabbergasted. They were close friends, but this was new.
"Yes, I am," Dream says, yawning.
"What time is it there?" George asks, suddenly feeling kind of guilty. "I forgot to check before I called."
"Yea, I can tell," Dream laughs. "It's almost 5 AM."
"Oh shit, I'm sorry," George says, also laughing. "Go back to bed, I'll call you later."

The following week, Sapnap found an envelope with a return address from Florida. In it was a Post-It note with the word "sorry" scrawled on it, along with a frowning face with wide eyes. Behind the Post-It was a round trip plane ticket to Florida.

wc- 1347

a/n: hope you guys like it! like i said this is just for fun so please don't take it too seriously. thanks for reading!