chapter four

"I just realized we have to kiss today"

Dream snickers to himself as he reads George's text.
"Go to sleep," he sends in reply.

"I'm serious"

"So am I"
Dream rolls over, almost back to sleep when his phone dings again.

"What are we going to do about that"

Dream rolls his eyes. "We're just gonna kiss. Don't make it weird"

A few minutes later there's a knock on his door. He slips out of his bed, careful to not wake up Sapnap- he was sleeping in Dream's bed because George's mom had the "guest" bedroom (which was actually George's room) and George got kicked to the couch because him and Dream can't see each other before the wedding to avoid bad luck, so Sapnap (who had been sleeping on the couch) got promoted. It was also Sapnap's responsibility to wake up before Dream and take George to breakfast and keep him away from Dream until the ceremony at 1.

When Dream opens the door, he's not surprised to see George standing there. George is wearing pajama pants with creepers on them- a Christmas gift from Dream last year- and his own merch.

"Can I help you?" Dream whispers with a smirk, crossing his arms. He feels strangely exposed in his gym shorts, wishing he had at least put on a shirt before opening his bedroom door.

"We need to talk about tomorrow- or today, I guess." George hisses, mirroring Dream and crossing his arms.

"It's not that big of a deal," Dream says, quietly snickering.

George opens his mouth to argue, but Dream interrupts by raising a finger.
"You're gonna wake up Sapnap, hang on a second," Dream says softly, grabbing a hoodie hanging by his door and then pulling the door shut behind him.
He wordless walks to the front door, pulling his hoodie over his head, his hair exploding with static. He smooths it down as George follows him out into the hallway.
"Okay, George, what are you so worried about?"

George rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "It's stupid, just forget about it."

"No, seriously," Dream says earnestly. "Tell me what's bugging you."

"Well," George starts, rubbing the back of his neck. "I- well, I mean, I... Iveneverkissedaguy."

Dream furrows his brow. "What? I can't understand you when you mumble."

"I've never kissed a guy before, Dream!" George says, slightly louder and clearer, his hand moving from his neck to his forehead, bracing for Dream's mockery.

"Neither have I," Dream responds genuinely. "I don't think it'll be any different. No offense-"

"Of course it won't be different for you," George scoffs, turning away.

Dream frowns. "What do you mean by that?"

"I'm obviously the girl of this stupid 'relationship'," George says. "I mean, look at you and look at me. You're tall and masculine and look 25. I'm short-"

"You're not-"

"Compared to you I am! And I look 16 most of the time, and I'm scrawny-"

"George-"

"All I'm trying to say," George persists, "is that kissing you is not going to be the same as kissing a girl."

Dream is silent for a second, constructing his response. "You are not any less of a guy because you happen to be less masculine than me," he says carefully.

"That's not the problem," George says quietly.

The two stand in silence for a minute.

"What is the problem then?" Dream asks.