Chapter 42 Part 3: Animal

Hi~~ Sorry for the update delay. I had something during the weekend and simply couldn't touch my computer for an extended period of time. Please enjoy!

It was 7:30 when Yun Rong woke up. The sunshine was good this morning, it wasn't harsh yet comfortably warm as it penetrated through the window curtains. She touched her side in a daze. Not feeling the familiar bolster she snorted in dissatisfaction, then pulled the quilt over her head.

But as she was prepared to continue her sleep, the mobile phone beside the pillow vibrated. Yun Rong used the quilt and pressed it hard over her ears in an attempt to stop the vibrating buzz. However, the person who was calling didn't give up calling her, insistent until they could reach her.

Yun Rong frowned and opened the quilt irritated. With her eyes still closed, she reached out to the vibrating mobile phone and mumbled: "Hey, hello......."

"He, He Nian?" Jiang Shu Hua's voice came from the phone.

Why did Jiang Shu Hua make this call? That still had to refer to yesterday's matter. Last night during the video conference, all the shareholders heard the voice of a woman. One by one guessed that the director had brought a woman home.

But no matter how they asked Wang Jing, Wang Jing insisted that he didn't know anything.

The fact was in front of you, yet if you said that you don't know, does it mean it didn't exist?

It didn't matter if you said you don't know, the shareholders' minds were sparked to life. The director of Lu Corporation couldn't be bringing a common woman home, so the daughter of which noble family was it? Later on, if they were related by marriage, currying favor couldn't be avoided.

As a result, the shareholders deliberated when they returned home and all of them asked their wives to contact Jiang Shu Hua to see if they could scout a bit of inside information.

Therefore, yesterday night Jiang Shu Hua immediately received a lot of direct and indirect enquiries. From the beginning she didn't believe this as she still understood her own son. No need to mention bringing a woman home, he wasn't even willing to say a few words to any female in normal days.

If he were to bring a woman and spend the night, then she wouldn't need to be so worried about his lifelong event.

At the moment he also liked Yun Rong, then it would be even more impossible for him to be in a muddy relationship with another woman. Jiang Shu Hua simply didn't think it was Yun Rong as she was still a little girl, ah. Her son was not such an animal, right?

But once the call was connected, Jiang Shu Hua was stunned. A female voice was heard from the phone. She looked incredulous at her phone and once again verified that she didn't dial the wrong number. Then she asked: "Who are you?"

Yun Rong was sober the instant she heard Jiang Shu Hua's voice. Just now she thought it was her own phone that was vibrating. If she kne it was the director's phone, she absolutely wouldn't have answered it.

Yun Rong paused for a second before she immediately greeted: "Hello aunt Jiang, this is Yun Rong. I was asleep and didn't clearly see the phone and picked it up right away. I'm so sorry."

It was impolite to fiddle with others' things without their consent, Yun Rong still understood this principle.

"Yun Rong?" Jiang Shu Hua was startled and almost threw the phone in her hand away. Her voice rose as she asked: "You were asleep?"

What was so amazing about being asleep? Yun Rong didn't understand why Jiang Shu Hua was suddenly so agitated, yet she still replied : "Yes, aunt Jiang."

Hearing the young lady's soft and tender voice through the phone, Jiang Shu Hua finally came out from her shock. Her heart became excited and with great effort she managed to produce a soft and gentle voice: "Yun Rong ah, I'm really sorry, Aunt disturbed your rest. Are you at He Nian's house?"

Yun Rong was still a bit muddle-headed after waking up and didn't think much as she said: "Yes, now I'm at second brother's house."

Really brought the young lady home!

Hearing her reply, Jiang Shu Hua gripped the phone tightly in excitement. She tried hard to keep her voice calm as she asked: "Then, is He Nian by your side?"

"Second brother?" Yun Rong looked around but didn't see Lu He Nian. She went out of the room to hear the sound of water coming from the bathroom and replied to Jiang Shu Hua: "Aunt Jiang, second brother is in the shower, let me bring the phone over to him."

Shower, so early in the morning, shower what shower ah? Jiang Shu Hua was stunned but immediately, she couldn't stop her lips from smiling. She promptly said: "No need, no need. I'll just wait till later to talk about the matter with him. Aunt wants to chat with you."

Jiang Shu Hua turned her brain and said deliberately: "He Nian, really, how could he bring you home? Usually it is only him who lives there, there is only one of everything, even the guest room is not prepared. Could you sleep well last night?"

Hearing Jiang Shu Hua grumbling about Lu He Nian, Yun Rong immediately said: "I slept very well last night, second brother took good care of me. He even let me sleep on the bed."

"Isn't this how it's supposed to be? You are a girl, of course He Nian must take better care of you." Listening to the young lady still standing up for her son, Jiang Shu Hua was even happier. It seemed that the feelings between the two young people were pretty good.

"The bed was given to you to sleep, then did He Nian sleep on the sofa?" Jiang Shu Hua pretended to ask.

Although Yun Rong felt this question was a bit strange, she still told it as it was: "No, second brother also slept on the bed."

"This smelly brat!" Even though Jiang Shu Hua was looking forward to being able to hug a grandson earlier, she didn't expect her son to move his hand so quickly. Yun Rong was still a little girl but was sleeping on the same bed, if it wasn't an animal, then what?

Jiang Shu Hua ground her teeth and consoled: "Yun Rong, don't worry. When he returns, aunt will definitely scold him!"

Honestly speaking, I prefer Lu He Nian to be an animal than to be an... erm... vegetable? protozoa? fungus? In my opinion that would make quite the weird story lol and still, if it comes to it being old cow eating young grass, in this instance it would still be LHN the baby young grass being eaten by a venerable old cow xd