Here For You (Jiro Yamada x Reader)

This was an adorable request by littlelemon06 ! 

Sorry if it's short! I see these comforting one-shots to be better if short and sweet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sleepover at the Yamadas, absolutely splendid! The day was spent laughing and messing around with your favorite people in town, you even got to cuddle with your lover, Jiro, before getting into a deep sleep!

But too bad not all deep sleeps are peaceful.

Jiro had you in his arms as he slept, he was woken up when he felt you toss and stir in your sleep. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at you clenching your eyes and flinching in your sleep, trapped whimpers escaping your throat.

Jiro sighed, it was one of those nightmares you spoke about, he didn't expect it to be this bad, but, turns out he was wrong. He held you tightly, running his fingers through your hair to calm you down.

"Shh... I'm here... don't worry"

Jiro kept on softly whispering in your ear, hoping to help, but unfortunately this nightmare had turned into a horrible night terror. Jiro frowned as he saw tears in the corners of your eyes, he sat up and placed you on his lap as he rested you head on his chest and slowly shook you awake.

'Wait... should I wake her up? Maybe it'll be wors-'

"G-GAH!"

You woke up with a start, panting as you tugged on Jiro's shirt, 

"W-Wait I'm sorry if-"

"J-Jiro... th-thank you"

You wrapped your arms and legs around Jiro's waist and buried your face in his chest before sighing in relief, that terror was finally over. Jiro blushed before holding you close and kissing the top of your head. You stayed like that for a while, until you had to ask something.

"Jiro"

"Hm?"

"C-Can I tell you about the terror..."

"If it helps, then yeah! Of course"

You smiled and nodded before laying down and pulling Jiro next to you, he pulled you into his chest and looked at you take a deep breath before starting to speak.

"So... it started with us in school... I was waiting for you to come out your class for break... I waited and waited... but you wouldn't come out, so I peeked my head in and saw you chatting with your friends"

"Mhm?"

"I walked up to you, about to ask why you didn't meet me outside like usual... but when I spoke, y-you didn't look at me... I tried poking you to get your attention... b-but you didn't feel me... m-my hand went right through... I-It's l-like I didn't exist..."

You started fumbling with your fingers as your eyes stung, Jiro noticed that and brought your hands to his lips before gently kissing them.

"What happened next?"

"I-I started fading a-away... y-you didn't see me... n-no one could... I-I screamed f-for you but you d-didn't hear me... I-I was about to fully fade a-and my w-world was turning sniff black... y-you were gone... b-but then I woke up... th-thank you..."

Tears welled in your eyes as you gripped Jiro's shirt and bit your lip, Jiro softly smiled before gently tilting your face to his.

"Look, I'm here now, right? Call my name"

"W-What?"

"Just do it"

"Jiro?"

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"You told me to call you..."

Jiro didn't answer, he only held your hand and brought it to his cheek,

"Move your fingers"

"Alright?"

You moved your hand and caressed Jiro's cheek, he leaned into it before kissing your palm. He then moved your hand away and brought his face closer to yours.

"Now, kiss me"

"Y-You're acting weird..."

"Please listen?"

You bashfully nodded before placing your lips on his for a soft peck, once you pulled away, he looked at you and gave a close eyed smile.

"Can you see me?"

"Yes, Jiro! What's up with these questions?!"

"I heard you call my name, you could touch my cheek, I felt you kiss me, and you're looking at me right now. See, it's just an inaccurate nightmare! I'm always here for you!"

Jiro smile brightly as your eyes widened, your cheeks turned a rosy red as a smile took place on your lips, you loosely wrapped your arms around Jiro's neck before giggling into his shoulder.

"You're such a sweet dork... that was so cute... thank you, I love you"

You pecked Jiro's cheek and he returned it with a kiss.

"Giggle, I love you most!"