Missed It

"Hi bubba!" Anthony said, smiling at Star's face through the screen. She looked around for where he was, confused after hearing his voice.

Jasmine laughed, tapping her phone. "He's right here," she told her.

Star finally looked at the phone and squealed when she saw Anthony, clapping her hands.

"There we go," Jasmine said and shifted to Anthony could see the two of them better.

"How're my girls?" he asked.

"We're good," Jasmine responded. "We miss you though. I can tell she's a little confused with you gone."

"I miss you too," he said. "At least it's only a few days so she can get used to it."

"That's true. I don't know what I would do if you were gone for more than a week."

Anthony looked up when he heard something and said, "I gotta go Jas. I'll talk to you two later."

"Bye Ant, good luck," she told him. "I love you."

"I love you too baby," he responded. "And you too little one." He hung up and Jasmine grabbed the remote, turning the TV on.

Anthony was presenting at the Oscars once again and as much as Jasmine wanted to go with him, she stayed home to take care of Star.

"You wanna look for Papa?" Jasmine asked, pointing at the TV.

Star babbled something, getting off Jasmine's lap and toddling over to the dogs. Jasmine pointed out Anthony every time she saw him and Star was get really excited, babbling and pointing at him.

When the red carpet was over and the show was starting, Star got back up on the couch. She tucked herself between Jasmine and the couch, laying her head in the crook of Jasmine's neck.

Jasmine pressed a couple kisses to her forehead, brushing her small curls back. She watched the screen with wide eyes, almost waiting to see Anthony again.

"We'll see Papa soon," Jasmine told her, slowly rubbing her back.

She got a text from Anthony around 9, telling her that he was gonna be presenting anywhere from 9:30-9:45. Jasmine looked down at Star who was starting to look tired. Depending on the day and her mood, she would be up until 10, but some days she crashed early.

Her eyes started to slowly closer shortly after she got that message and Jasmine knew she wouldn't last until 9:30. Jasmine continued rubbing her back and kissing her forehead to sooth her.

She fell asleep around 9:15 and Jasmine smiled. She wasn't going to wake her up when it was time, knowing that Star would get fussy.

She turned the volume down so Star would stay asleep. She got a text from Anthony saying that he was still presenting after the commercial break.

She turned the volume up a little bit when he came onscreen, making sure Star stayed asleep.

"Hi baby," she whispered to the TV.

She smiled at his face on the TV, missing him more than ever. Star yawned and shifted and Jasmine froze for a minute, making sure she was fast asleep.

Once it was over, she took a quick picture, posting it on her story, typing out, "Look who missed it @anthonyramosofficial ❤️"

He almost immediately responded with a heart and even though it was small, it made Jasmine smile.

Her phone lit up for a FaceTime and she answered, smiling at his face. "Hi baby," she said softly.

"Hey beautiful," he responded. "When did she fall asleep?"

"Around 9:15," she told him. "She crashed hard."

He smiled and said, "At least she went down easily."

"That's true," she said. "You did amazing."

"Thanks Jas," he responded. "I gotta get back to my seat now, I'll talk to you later tonight. Love you baby, give the little one a kiss for me."

"Love you too and I will," she said, hanging up.

She let Star wrap her hand around her thumb which made her decide to watch the rest of the show. She wanted Star to be in a deep sleep when it ended so she didn't wake up when she moved.

She continued to rub her back and kiss her forehead, hoping that would keep her asleep. Star yawned at one point, nuzzling closer to Jasmine which made her smile.

When the show was over, she carefully sat up, making sure she didn't wake up. She slowly went upstairs, wincing every time a step creaked.

She made it upstairs and into the nursery when Star started to whimper. She quickly began to shush her, swaying back and forth. She calmed down, but she was still starting to move around.

Jasmine started to quietly sing one of her songs which immediately calmed Star down. She breathed a sigh of relief and kissed her forehead.

"Good night sweetie, Papa and I love you so much," she whispered. She gently laid her down in her crib and left the room, quietly closing the door.

She pulled her phone out, seeing a text from Anthony. Hey baby girl, I'm going to the after party so I'll talk to you tomorrow. Sleep well, love you Jas.

She smiled, going into their room and sending a quick Love you too back to him.