In My Eyes

requested by maggie

Jasmine was propped up on their bed, snuggling with Star who had woken her up early. She was watching the sun come up, brushing her thumb over Star's cheek every few minutes. She seemed to fall and stay asleep more easily when she was in Jasmine's arms.

Anthony's eyes opened heavily and he smiled when he saw the two of them. "G'morning beautiful," he mumbled, sitting up.

"Good morning," she responded, kissing him.

He looked down at Star bundled in her arms and asked, "Did she wake you up early?"

"Mhm," she responded, tucking her head against his neck.

Star shifted, making soft noises and her eyes opened a little bit. They two of them smiled and Jasmine gently kissed her forehead. "Hi bubba," she said.

She yawned, nuzzling her head against Jasmine's chest. The two of them laughed softly and Jasmine said, "Looks like someone's still tired."

She stood up, placing Star back in her crib and snuggled back up with Anthony. They fell asleep for a few more hours and woke up to Star crying again.

"I can get her Jas," Anthony said, getting out of bed and picking Star up.

She laid in bed for a few more minutes and watched him sooth her before she got up and went into the bathroom to change. Her mood suddenly switched as she closed the door and she sighed, turning away from the mirror.

It was just a little bit of baby weight, she didn't know why she was so upset about it. She just didn't like wearing tight shirts or dresses anymore and the fact that it was summer didn't help very much.

She changed into yet another loose shirt, quickly turning away from the mirror as soon as she saw her reflection. When she opened the door Anthony already had Star changed and handed her to Jasmine.

"She wants Mama," he told her, kissing her forehead and going to change.

Jasmine sat down on the window seat, leaning down and nuzzling her nose against Star's. She looked up at Jasmine with a startled look on her face and Jasmine laughed.

Anthony came out of the bathroom, leaning against the door frame and smiling. "These are my favorite moments," he said.

Jasmine looked up and her own smile grew. "My favorite too," she responded.

The morning was theirs, but they were going out to lunch with some of their friends so they could meet Star. The trip out didn't help as Jasmine just felt more and more self conscious about her stomach. She ended up ordering a salad and ate slowly. Anthony immediately noticed and rubbed her back, asking quietly, "You okay?"

She shrugged, not exactly wanting to talk to him about what was happening in front of everyone. She looked over at Star in her car seat, letting her wrap her little hand around her thumb. She leaned down and kissed her fingers, smiling when she cooed.

As soon as they got home, Anthony took Star upstairs to put her down for her nap. Jasmine fumbled with her shirt, tugging on it to hid her stomach.

She looked up when Anthony came downstairs and asked, "You wanna talk about lunch today?"

She sighed, tugging on her shirt again. "I just don't like the way I look anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love that we have a daughter now but the baby weight is bothering me. I just want to get rid of it, but it won't go away. I jus' feel fat," she told him.

He frowned and took her hands, softly kissing her. "Baby, I promise you that's not true. It doesn't matter to me if you have more tummy than before, you're still beautiful to me," he responded.

She felt her heart melt and she pressed another kiss to his lips. "I'm so lucky to have you," she murmured.

"Me too," he responded.

In that moment, her troubles seemed to vanish. It didn't matter what the mirror told her, she would always be beautiful in his eyes.

hiya! i've noticed that i've gotten a lot of new readers and voters so first off i wanted to say thank you very much for enjoying my one shots and i wanted to give you a little introduction to me!

-i've been stanning janthony for almost 3 1/2 years (oh god i feel old)

-i have two other stories that i would really appreciate if you checked out! home, which is a short story with domestic content and one word one shots, which are one shots based off of a word

-if you comment something racist, homophobic, sexist, or just inappropriate i will not hesitate to block you

-i'm always open to requests so send them if you i'll try my best to write them

-speaking of trying my best to write, i'm a sophomore in high school taking an AP class and two DC classes so i may get backlogged sometimes

again, thank you so much for reading and i hope you have an amazing day!