Recovery

Cypher spent the next 3 weeks in the hospital, with Jett visiting him almost every day. Every day she came to see him, his feelings only became stronger. The only thing holding him back was Nora, his dead wife. Every time he looked at Jett, his feelings stopped just short due to Nora. There wasn't enough space in his heart to fit both of them in. Every day Jett came to visit him, he tore himself up a little more.

After the 4th week, Cypher was discharged from the hospital. When he finally changed back into his old clothes (which had been washed by Jett), he nearly collapsed. His legs felt like noodles whenever he stood up. The nurse quickly got some crutches and led him out of the hospital. The minute he stepped out, the wind swirled around him and he knew immediately that Jett was in the area. He looked around but couldn't find her. Suddenly, she dropped out of nowhere and enveloped him in a classic Jett bear hug.  

"I can't believe you're finally out! Think of all the things that we could do together! We can go out to eat, go to the beach, watch movies...." Jett trailed on and Cypher's heart started to beat faster. He quickly saved himself by saying, 

"Why don't we just go home, Wind Girl?" Jett stopped and stuttered,

"Of course! How could I be so dumb." Jett dashed to the car and quickly drove over. 

"Hop in!" 

When they arrived at the teleport that would take them to base, Cypher realized he didn't even have his mask on. He quickly grabbed it and put it on. Jett looked over and frowned. 

"Now why did you have to go and do that Cypher? I like seeing your face." Cypher was quite glad he had put the mask on because he was blushing now. 

"While I may be more comfortable without my mask on around you, that cannot be said about any of the others. Although maybe Killjoy would enjoy seeing my face...." Cypher trailed off and looked towards Jett. He didn't actually know if Killjoy would care or not, but he wanted to see Jett's reaction. She quickly turned around and said in a high pitch voice,

"Come on let's just get you back to base." Cypher chuckled and walked over to the teleport. 

As Jett walked down the halls toward their dorm, her mind was racing,

"Of course he would like the other girl that shares his interests. Just calm down Jett, stop panicking over some guy that lives with you. It's whatever right?"