1 Month Later....

A/N: HOLY SHITTTTT thank you for so many reads, thank you. I feel that this story is coming to an end. My next work will be a collab tho soooooooo. Be ready.

Cypher swiftly navigated through the winding halls of the Bind market, every step calculated, every move made with precision. He could have made this trip with his eyes closed, but today was important. He wanted to savor this journey, as it would be the last he would make for a very long time. As Cypher slipped through a door that led to a rooftop, he felt his body start to calm itself. After this month, he finally would be able to express his feelings without feeling like he was cheating, and all would be good. As he rounded the hallways, up to the roof, with each step he took, he felt lighter and lighter. When he finally reached the rooftop, he sprinted and jumped off the ledge and landed on the next roof over. He quickly entered the building and closed the door. In the room, a grave surrounded by a garden of flowers dominated the space. Cypher quickly took his mask and hat off and kneeled on the ground. He knelt silently and sat there for 5 minutes, just thinking about the times they had. He soon got up and left the room, not looking back.

A week after Cypher had left, Jett's entire demeanor had changed. She no longer joked around with Phoenix, but she still could be found in the mess hall or the range. 2 weeks into Cypher's absence, Jett hardly left her room. She no longer went to the range and could only be found at mealtimes. 3 weeks into Cypher's absence, Jett left only at night to eat. 4 weeks in, Jett no longer came out. In her dorm, Jett lurked in her room while she toyed with her knives. She had debated many times is she should throw them away, but practicality won over. The knives were very well designed and it would only be a waste to throw them away. She had found Cypher's camera after week 2 but had elected to keep it there. She liked the notion that Cypher might be watching. 3 days before Cypher was supposed to arrive, she opened the note.

"Dear Jett,

I hope this note finds you well. I'm sorry that I didn't have the strength to tell you this in person, but I had to take care of personal business before our relationship could advance. This is just to let you know that I love you, Jett. I know that my confession is a little offputting and I understand if you don't share my feelings. but every time I tried to tell you, something stopped me. When I return, I understand if you no longer would like to be associated with me. Brim could move me to another site so that we would no longer run into each other. I love you, Jett. I have since the hospital. I can only hope you feel the same.

Sincerely, Cypher."

Jett was stunned. She had thought Cypher was rejecting her every time she had tried to flirt. At first, she had thought she was horrible at flirting, and then she thought Cypher was just dull, and then she thought Cypher was just friend-zoning her. Now she knew the truth. And she didn't know what to do about it.

Cypher stood in front of the teleport, ready to join the team and fight for Valorant once more. What he wasn't so sure about was Jett. Had she read his letter? Or had she simply burned it and put in for a room change? Cypher took a breath and walked in.

Jett was in her room when Cypher walked through the teleport, so she had no idea he was even here. Brim greeted Cypher and welcomed him back.

"Hello Cypher, welcome back. Hope you enjoyed your month-long break because you are about to be worked harder than ever." Cypher stood there confused until Brim clarified.

"Jett is waiting in your room." Cypher nodded and walked towards their dorm. When he arrived, Cypher found Jett sitting on the floor, with her hands clutched around his letter. Cypher took his mask off and simply said,

"Well, Jett? You've read my letter, you know my stance. What would you do about it?" Jett let out a shuddering breath and said

"Do you really mean everything in here?" Cypher smiled and picked Jett up. Her eyes widened and she started to yell. But before she could get a word out, Cypher whispered in her ear.

"I love you, Jett. I have for a while and it was denying those feelings. But they're out now. Do you love me, Jett? Or should I put in for a base transfer." Jett stopped yelling.

"No stupid, don't put in for a base transfer. I love you Cypher. Since the hospital. So shut and kiss me you idiot.