New Friends

3rd Person POV:

"Her name is Rebekah?" Vee asks,

"Yeah? So what?" Matt replies

Vee closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath, "nothing I'm just pretty sure she's Elijah's sister,"

"Wait, what?!"

"So much for drama that isn't mine," she mumbles to herself.

"So what Rebekah is some Klaus sidekick supervillain?" 

"No, she's loyal to Klaus sure but she's not evil, at least not the version I saw of her," Vee tries to explain.

"Man, this is so messed up, do you think she even really likes me or was this all something to do with Klaus' sacrifice?" Matt asks

"I have no idea, but I know your amazing and there's no reason to think she doesn't really like you, you just have to talk to her... maybe in a public place. Shit with losing Elijah I forgot about everything Elena must be going through, is the sacrifice happening soon?"

"Yeah we're t-minus 8 days until a 1,000 year old vampire is going to drain all the blood from my first love so he can become the first vampire-werewolf hybrid."

"Our lives are so messed up," Vee comments not knowing what else to say to that.

"Yup," Matt agrees. 

Rebekah POV:

I bloody hated this century, first I lose the man I love running from my psychotic father, then my control freak of a brother shoves me in a box for a 100 years, and now I have been awakened to find Stefan Salvatore has no memory of me or our time together and what's worse his dopplewhore is walking around with my mother's necklace.

I know Klaus wanted me to get close to Matt Donovan to make sure his sister didn't ruin any of his plans but honestly, he was kinda sweet and pretty much the only good thing I had going on in my life.

He asked me to meet him at the bakery this morning, saying he wanted to introduce me to his sister, Klaus warned me to make up an excuse but I honestly didn't care if she figured out who I was what difference would it make, it's not like they could do anything to us Klaus had everything ready for this Sunday and two humans weren't going to be any trouble to handle.

I walk through the door and the tiny bell chimes, huh I had to admit the place was actually really beautiful. I looked around and saw Matt and a woman I assume is Victoria waiting for me at a table.

As I approach they both stand up, "hey," I say as I go to give Matt a kiss but he stops me

"Hey, listen I need to ask you something,"

I look to his sister, "right now?"

"Yeah, I know you're Klaus' and Elijah's sister,"

"Wait how do you know Elijah?" I see Matt seems shocked by my question and looks to Victoria, she moves closer to join us,

"Klaus didn't tell you?" She asks placing a hand over her baby bump

"That you're pregnant? No, it didn't come up but what does that have to do with Elijah?"

3rd Person POV:

Rebekah storms in the mansion Klaus had compelled for them, "Nik!!!!!"

Klaus strolls in, "something have your panties in a bunch, sister?"

"She's Elijah's girl Niklaus! You didn't think to mention that?"

Klaus tries to casually shrug, "it didn't seem relevant,"

"It bloody well is relevant! Did you know Finn has taken him?"

Klaus turns at that, "What are you talking about?"

"Apparently Finn has decided to blame Elijah for... everything. You have to do something Nik,"

"The hell I do! Elijah chose his side and it wasn't mine, hell he traded you and Kol just to be rid of me, I owe him nothing and I owe that meddlesome knocked up slag even less."

Rebekah seeing she wasn't going to convince Klaus to do anything about Elijah turns around and storms back out of the house promising she'd find him on her own.

Later on in the day she ended up at the Grill drinking at the bar when Vee came over to her.

"Hey, do you mind if I sit with you,"

"Its not a great look for a pregnant woman but sure knock yourself out,"

"Look I don't know if what you and Matt have is real or maybe it's too soon to tell but I do know he's a really good guy, and as long as your not playing him I honestly don't mind you two together... as long as you promise to always protect him from Klaus."

Rebekah studies her, "why are you being nice to me?"

"Honestly, I really miss Elijah," Vee starts tearing up, "I keep playing this one voice message I have from him, I press the phone against my belly so the baby won't forget his voice. It's pathetic I know but I love him and it would mean a lot to me to be close to at least someone from his family and I don't see that happening anytime soon with Klaus so I was hoping we might at least be kind and honest with each other... see where that leads us."

Vee stands to walk away but pulls something out of her bag, "Oh I got you something, its a book on the 20th century told from historic groundbreaking women, thought it would be nice for you to catch up on what you might have missed, and something tells me Klaus wasn't paying too much attention to women's rights throughout the years. Alright I'll uh leave you alone now, see ya."

Rebekah watches her walk away stunned by her thoughtfulness, she's not sure if Matt and her have an epic love story ahead of them but she's pretty sure her and Victoria had a chance at a real friendship.