Burt x Dave (angst)

A/N sooo i know i said i would post the second part of the Henry x Charles buuuuuuuut i started thinking about school and i found out how my class's are working and it made me even more nervous. So um i am instead going to mass write fluff and angst for comfort intill i get used to the school schedule. Im really sorry that i wont get it out soon.

(Burts POV)

Dave leaned his head against the one of the crates with his top hat in his lap. Reginal finally let him become a top hat member after about a year of keeping him as prisoner. Today was the day we were going to launch the rocket amd me and Dave were put on security duty outside.

I could see a cloud of dust start to form in the distance, i squinted my eyes. Shit. "Dave get up, someones coming", he quickly jumped to him feet and put his hat back on. We pulled out our guns and got ready to fire. As the figure got closer i lined up my shot, the figure pulled out a gun and started fireing. I pulled the trigger and shot the gun out of the intruders hand. He picked up speed and ziped past us. "Shit", i pressed a button on my headset. "Hey yah its uh burt, theres an intruder coming in the main entrence", i listened to the back and forth between Reginal and RHM. "Welp were probably getting-", i turned to Dave and my heart droped. He was leaned over with his arms wrapped around his stomach, i could see the blood seeping through his clothes. His legs gave out and he droped to the ground. "Dave!",

I was just finishing my cell rounds when i saw him, he was sitting on the floor of the cell with his head against the wall. He looked like he was on the burdge of tears. I dont know why but, i kinda felt bad for him. "Hey", i called out, he quickly perked up. He pointed to himself. "Yah, what the hells wrong with you?", it sounded a lot ruder then i anticipated but. "I-uh...i-its nothing, y-you shouldnt care", i leaned against the door. "Your right i shouldnt....but i do, so....tell me before i lose interest", he seemed hesitant but told me anyway. "I just....i cant seem to do anything right. Iv gotten fired from the last 3 jobs i worked at AND manged to get captured by the Top Hat Clan......im useless", this took me off guard. He didnt seem to be the kind of person who would think that way about themselves.

"I...wow, i was, uh, not expecting that", he pulled his knees up to his chest. "You...uh s-shouldnt say things like that, im sure your useful", he stayed quiet. "What, uh, whats your name?", he moved his head to look at me. "D-dave", i smiled. "Im Burt", a small smiled tugged at his lips. "So Dave, what do you like to do in your free time?".

"Dave! Dave! Please stay with me buddy", the tears rolled down my face as i held his face with both my hands. "Im.....s-sorry", was all he could say. "No, no , you dont have to be sorry, you did nothing wrong", Daves eyes started to drupe. "No, no, please i need you to stay awake!", his body went limp and i could feel my heart brake into a million pieces.

I stood just out side the jungle base, i took a drag on my cigarette. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. "Guess what", a frimiler and excited voice called out. "Isnt it supposed to be 'guess who'", i chuckled. "Yes, but, you already know sooo", i flicked the ash off my cigarette. "What is it Dave", i asked in a little bit more of a happy tone. A red top hat covered my vision. "Reginal finally made me an official member of the clan!", he pretty yelled. I smiled "Well congrats kitty", he whole face went red at my nickname. "What, i thought you said you liked that nickname", i said in a teasing tone. "W-well yah....but n-not in public", he barried his face into my shoulder. I turned around and kissed the top of his head. "Ill be sure to completely ignore what you just told me in the next meeting", i said in a playfull tone.

I layed Dave body into the ground and hoped into one of the vehicles near by. Who ever you are, i am going to make you pay. I finally reached the entrance to the rocket i followed the damage to the control centre. The intruder had a gun to Reginals head, the RHM was unconscious in the corner of the room. I lined the gun up to the centre of his head. "Hey asshole", i called out he wiped around and i pulled the trigger. His body hit the floor and i wipped the tears clouding my vision. "Thats for Dave", i muttered to myself.

The rest was a blur, we successfully launched the rocket, and i once again woked defense. I no longer gave a shit, everything after that was useless to me. I no longer felt emotions, everything was just a chore for me, a chore in a everyday routine. Dave was gone, i could never get him back. The only thing left for me is to get revenge in everyone whos ever hurt him. Starting with Reginal.

Word count: 937