1

Kymira💝

I sang along my Jali straightened my hair, listening as "Happiness Over Everything" by Jhene Aiko played through the loud speaker in the living room.

It was my birthday and me and Demario's 3 year anniversary was slowly approaching. I was trying to have the time of my life and show out. I laughed as stupid words from the girls flew around the room. It was just like old times at my place in highschool. We were getting ready to go out, you know we had to pop our shit.

"So tonight? We turning shit up?" Jali asked as she semi yelled. "We finna get LIT!" She yelled as we all laughed and hyped her up. She started twerking while Diamond recorded her on snap.

Diamond smacked Jali's butt as she dance, making sure to be just as ratchet as her.

"Aye ayeee! Get that shit!" Diamond yelled as she laughed.

Yae shook her head and stood next to me. She wasn't in the party mood and felt like we were wasting her time.

"Can y'all be serious for 2 seconds?" Yae asked as she ran her hand over her face. "I'm trying to get y'all together but y'all playing."

"Oh excuse me vibe killer." I said as I looked over at her. "Take a load off and have sum fun cous. You've gotta plenty of time to beat our faces."

"Your party starts in 4 hours." Yae ranted as she looked at me. "I'm going to need to have time to do my own face as well and that's far from enough!" She ranted.

When it came to makeup, Yae was just like Aunt Heaven. They loved it, it was just something they were into it. I didn't understand, but they're family so you accept it.

"I personally don't need my makeup done." I said as I faced the mirror, fixing my lipgloss.

"Bitch! It's your birthday, you're the main person who needs makeup!" She shook her head as she let out a sigh. "I'm sick of y'all already and I've only been here for 20 minutes."

"Damn calm down Beyoncé. Why don't you take a load off? Sounds like you've had a long ass day." Diamond said as she pushed Yae into a chair.

"Sounds more like she needs some sexual pleasure. You can't exactly get the penetration part, but aye." Jali said as she brushed my hair out.

"Dick isn't a need or important you little feign. This is why you've gotten in trouble since senior year, you're worried about the wrong shit." Yae said as she rolled her eyes.

"And my girlfriend pleases me just fine thank you, mind your damn business." Yae added.

"What's got you so stressed bug?" I asked as I rubbed her shoulder. "It's never like you to be stressing this much mamas."

"It's this professor from my criminal justice class." She started but got quiet. She started playing with her fingers, indicating something was wrong.

"Oh hell no. Whose ass do we need to fuck up?" Jali yelled as she walked over to Yae.

Yae wipes her face as tears slowly started to fall. I could tell she was feeling some type of way and I just wanted to make sure she was good.

We all stopped what we were doing and went to comfort our Yae baby. I didn't know what was going on, but we would get to the bottom of it right now.

"What did he do Yae?" I asked as I stood behind her.

"He's such an asshole." She stated as she rolled her eyes. "I work so hard to keep up with everything going on in my life, including this class. And he just overly abuses his power. He racially profiles me all the time and he makes me feel bad. All he does is talk shit and make me worse twice as hard as everyone else. It's like I have to jump through hoops to pass this class just for him to keep failing me. He has some type of grudge against me and I don't know why." She said as she sighed.