Chapter 9~ Dreams Come True Afterall

Chapter~ 9

That night was the start of a strong and beautiful relationship. Now here we are, six months later, still going just as strong. Y/n woke up to find Chrono was still fast asleep next to her. She smiled, softly caressing his arrow shaped locks. He slowly but surely woke up and smiled at the angel who had woken him up. His angel. He smirked before pulling her back down onto his chest, tightly holding her and snuggling into her once again. He then flipped himself over, securing her arms of course, before ferociously tickling her sides. Unable to hold back her laughter she squirmed beneath his strong arms, desperately trying to free herself. "*Laughing*H-Hari St-top!!" She continued to laugh, and squirm and he continued to tickle her, until he decided she had had enough. As she was calming down from the intense laughing session she just had, Chrono couldn't help but to admire her beauty. Even though she had just woken up and her hair was a mess, she was completely and utterly ethereal in his eyes. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips, one she gratefully returned. Just then the bedroom door opened, and Eri came prancing in through the door, and hopped into the bed, being snuggled by both of her parents. "Happy Birthday Eri!!" Chrono said, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Happy Birthday!!" Y/n said as she gave her a kiss on the cheek. Eri giggled and pulled both of her parents close. "Thank you, Daddy, Thank you Mommy!!" They spent a few minutes in bed together as a family before Eri decided it was time to get up. They all got up, got dressed and made their way to the kitchen to have breakfast. When they got there the eight bullets, Mimic, Overhaul and of course Pops were waiting with the room decorated and breakfast ready. Eri gasped in happiness and ran to her grandfather first, then gave everyone a tight hug. Even 'Uncle Overhaul' let her hug him. She was his niece, after all. After that they started to eat the feast Hojo had prepared for them. (Why do I feel like he'd be a good cook?) Eri sat down next to Pops and happily began to eat her breakfast. The rest of the day was spent in laughter and joy, celebrating the sweet young girl they had all grown to love. After dinner, Tengai lit the birthday candles and brought Eri her cake. They all sang happy birthday and Eri tightly closed her eyes, thinking long and hard about what to wish for. She then took a deep breath and blew out all seven of her candles. After they had cake and opened presents, Chrono quietly dragged Y/n away to the courtyard, while the others were playing with Eri. Y/n and Chrono walked hand in hand, just enjoying the others presence before Chrono stopped them at a fountain, motioning for Y/n to look up to the starry sky. She looked up in awe at all of the beautiful stars that littered the dark night sky. She looked down to see Chrono but he wasn't there. She turned around to see Chrono, kneeling down on one knee, with a tiny black box open in his hand. A simple diamond ring inside of it. Y/n mouth dropped open as a hand came up to her mouth, happy tears welling up in her eyes. "Y/n," He started, feeling less and less nervous as he saw her reaction. "Ever since I first met you, I knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And after I saw how you were with Eri, I knew you had to be the one I make my wife. So, Y/n L/n. Will you please do the honors and become my wife?" The tears fell as Y/n nodded her head, a big smile coming through the water falls. "Yes!" He smiled widely before slipping the ring on her finger and jumping up to hug her. They stood like that for a while before breaking apart to share a passionate and loving kiss. "C'mon, lets head inside. A certain someone should be very happy about this." Y/n nodded as Chrono grabbed her hand and led her back inside. As soon as they entered the living room, all eyes fell on them and loud cheers erupted as Y/n showed off the silver and diamond engagement ring that sat on her left ring finger. Eri looked up from her doll to see a small crown formed around her parents. She bounded over to them before stopping, big red eyes zeroed in on the ring that sat on Y/n finger. They started to worry until happy tears clouded her eyes and she ran over to them, crushing the two with her small arms in a tight hug. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" She was crying into Y/n's shoulder, overjoyed they were going to get married. After a minute or so, the small family separated from the embrace, Eri now calm and smiling widely. "Does this mean I can have a brother or sister now!?" She looked expectantly to her parents, who both turned red in response as the other adults in the room laughed. Eri glared at Setsuno and Nemoto, who were doubled over in laughter at the sight of their red best friend. "Don't laugh! I was serious!" She put her small hands on her hips and stood her ground. "Someday Eri, you'll have a little sibling I'm sure." Pops said as he scooped his young granddaughter up in his arms. They played a few more games before cleaning up and getting ready for bed. Before they put Eri to bed, the young parents took her outside t show her the starry night sky. She sat there, wrapped up in Chrono's arms, Y/n tightly holding onto one of his arms, pointing out the stars. "Look Eri! A shooting star, make a wish!" The young girl thought hard for a minute, then looked at Y/n. "But my wish already came true." Y/n looked at Eri, a confused look on her face. "I wished for you and daddy to get married and love each other for ever. And to give me a sibling!" Y/n and Chrono smiled at each other before quickly looking back at Eri. "But sweetie, you don't have a sibling, not yet anyways." Eri looked at the two adults confused. "Yes I do. Well not yet, but they'll be here soon. I can feel it!" Just then Y/n felt nauseous and the three went inside. Y/n had been feeling sick lately, she's even been throwing up. And, they had, well, you know...(sTiLL wHoLeSoMe but, yeah you get the gist.) But it couldn't be that...could it?

~Time skip to 1 year later.~

One year later and things are going amazing. Shortly after that Chrono and Y/n got married, (Tengai officiated, Pops walked Y/n down the aisle, Overhaul was best man, Eri was maid of honor *and the bridesmaid*, and Nemoto and Setsuno were the groomsmen.) and Chrono and Y/n had a beautiful baby boy named Kenji Kurono. They lived happily in the base with two beautiful children and plans for a third. Nemoto and Setsuno were happy their ship had sailed, and Pops was glad at least ONE of his sons was giving him grandchildren darn it- A few years ago, Chrono and Y/n both never could have guessed this is what their life would have turned out to be. But looking at it now, neither one could imagine their life being any different. All of this, from one fateful encounter in the park.

A/N: This marks the end of my first book!! Thank you so much for reading and for all of the votes and comments! I have had so much fun writing this and I hope you have enjoyed reading it! I will now be starting on my Best Jeanist x Daughter Reader book, which I'm super excited about!! I hope you stay safe and have a great day/night! Bye!