One

Yeona's POV

Yeona's POV

I wake up to being kicked in the stomach. I wince at the pain and my eyes shoot open. I glance up only to see my father towering over me, a cigarette sticking out the corner of his mouth.

"Get up you slut! You have stuff to do." He orders, dropping his cigarette on me and causing it to slightly scorch my skin.

I flinch from the small pain as he walks out of my room and slams the door shut. I grab the still-lit cigarette, put it out, and toss it to the side with the others that have been dropped on me at previous times.

"Shit," I mumble under my breath, my thoughts going to the chores that I have to do like any other day.

I get up like I was told to do so I don't get whipped again. I pick up the blankets that I use to sleep with off of the floor and fold them. I then pick up my single, dirty pillow before making my way over to my small closet that hardly has any clothes in it. I open up the half-broken, wooden door, hide my cover and pillow in it before closing the door. I hear my bedroom door open, making me turn around, my eyes meeting my sister's eyes.

"Hey, Yeona. I have some pants that may fit you." She whispers to me.

My sweet sister, Jennie. She's the only one who is nice to me in the family. I weakly smile at her as she hands the pair of pants to me and I take them from her, muttering a quiet thank you. She walks out of my room, closing the door behind her. I take a deep breath before sliding the black colored pants on.

"They fit," I whisper to myself.

The good thing is that my parents won't know that they're Jennie's. She cut holes in them so they won't get suspicious. I put a grey shirt on afterward, it three sizes too big. I walk over to my door and open it. I make my way into the bathroom only to find Jennie already in there. She smiles at me and finishes applying her makeup.

"Do you want me to do your makeup?" She questions, glancing at me.

"N-No, it's ok." I quietly stutter.

Her smile disappears and she turns towards me. She moves some of my black hair out of my face.

"When we get home, do you want me to cut your hair?" She asks.

I nod my head and she pats the top of my head. She then brings her arm back to her side before walking out shortly after. I look in the mirror, my black hair falling into my face again. I have brown eyes and I'm two inches taller than Jennie. I have a round face, plump lips, and a small button nose as my sister calls it. I get out a brush and start brushing my knotted, messy hair. Once my hair is no longer infested with knots I get out a hair tie and put my hair up into a ponytail.

Afterward, I go back to my room to put my socks and shoes on. Once I'm done doing that I grab my school stuff and head downstairs. When I reach the bottom of the steps I find mom sitting at the table with a drink in her hands. She looks at me, our eyes meeting.

"Bitch you better do the dishes." She smirks.

I bow my head and do as I'm told.

"Mom, where is my favorite hairband?" Jennie questions mom while walking into the kitchen.

I start to fill the sink with hot water and I look up. My eyes land on a tall figure standing nearby, the mysterious man wearing a black hoodie and black leather jeans. I look closer at him as I'm only able to see his mouth, the corner of his lips curved up into a smirk.

"Bitch I said get to work!" My mother screams at me.

I start to wash the dishes, the hot water slightly burning the skin on my hands. I look over in the direction the guy was just standing in only to see that he's disappeared. Soon I finish the dishes and I rapidly get my stuff together. I head outside and once I'm out there Jennie runs up to me.

"Yeona!" She shouts my name.

I turn around and look at her.

"You left me." She pouts.

I smile at her, "Sorry."

She smiles in return and we start walking to the bus stop. Jennie starts talking to me, her attention going to me and not to where she is going. I stop at the bus stop when we reach it, but immediately notice that Jennie didn't stop.

"Jennie!" I yell at her, catching her attention, but by now it was already too late.

Horns and screams fill the air around me. I drop all of my stuff and sprint towards my sister.

"I'm so sorry!" The guy driving the vehicle that just hit my sister frantically apologizes, and tears begin to well up in his eyes at the realization of what just happened.

I get to Jennie's side, drop to my knees, and carefully rest her head in my lap. Tears start to disperse from my eyes and I see movement out of my peripheral vision. I look up at the other side of the road, my eyes landing on the same guy from earlier. When a civilian passes by him he suddenly disappears once more.

"What the hell?" I whisper to myself.

{Edited By @-1-800-3RACHA-}