Two

Yeona's POV:

Yeona's POV:

I shake my head a couple of times, making myself forget about the man that just disappeared out of thin air. I look down at Jennie and I hold her close.

"Please don't leave me," I whisper to my sister, who's now starting to have trouble breathing.

"I'm calling the ambulance." The man who hit her announces.

I can't bring myself to reply so I just nod my head. I cup Jennie's cheek, as blood comes out of her nose and mouth. Tears stream out of my red, puffy eyes and trails down my tear-stained cheeks. It takes everything in me to not let a sob escape past my trembling lips. All my life she has been here when no one else has, I can't lose her now.

After a couple of minutes, I hear the shrieks of the sirens blaring in the distance, the noise quickly becoming louder. Within moments I hear the ambulance come to a halt a few feet away from me. The sounds of doors opening sound out, followed by the sounds of footsteps that rapidly approach.

"Miss, we need to help her. Please back away."

I look up, my eyes landing on a nearby EMT who's looking at me. I lay Jennie down on the ground, stumbling to my feet and I back up. The EMTs pick her up, setting her on a stretcher. They quickly strap her in place with the black velcro straps that are attached to every stretcher and they rush her back to the ambulance.

"Do you want to come?" An EMT questions, looking at me. "I need an answer right now!"

Still, in slight shock, I can't bring myself to answer him.

"Where are your parents?" He asks, most likely so he can ask if one of them wants to ride with them to the hospital.

If my parents find out what just happened they'll blame me.

"I-I'll go!" I stutter out, ignoring his last question.

I quickly follow him to the ambulance, hop in, and sit down as he closes the back doors. I look down at my sister before grasping her slightly cold hand. The ambulance jolts as the driver stomps on the gas and soon the large vehicle is rushing down the street. I try to think about anything to get my mind off of the accident, but it goes to the EMTs that begin to whisper.

"Do you think it was him?" The woman asks, inserting an IV into Jennie's arm.

I lean in a little to listen to their conversation, but not enough for them to notice that I did and am eavesdropping.

"No, it was just an accident." The man quietly snaps at her.

"There have been too many accidents lately, don't you think?" She replies, handing the man some bandages.

"It's not him, now drop the subject." He retorts.

'Who is this he they're talking about?'

I feel my sister's hand twitch in mine and I quickly look down at her.