Chapter 2. Sleepless in Seattle.

HELLO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS! HOW ARE YOU TODAY! HOW DID YOU LIKE THE LAST CHAPTER IT TOOK ME NEARLY THREE HOURS TO WRITE THAT. I AM ON A ROLE TODAY TRYING TO TYPE AS MUCH AS I CAN SO I CAN RELEASE THIS STORY. SO I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE LIKING THIS SO FAR, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE IN HERE? TELL ME I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW! SO LEAVE COMMENTS, VOTE, FAN IF YOU WANNA, AND I LOVE YOU ALL. OH AND ALWAYS REMEMBER AND NEVER FORGET YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! <3

She finished up watching Titanic and wiped the tears from her face. She had needed a good cry. She put the pizza away in the fridge and put the movie back in the case and set it on the counter so she wouldn't forget it in the morning. She blew out the candle and headed down the hall to her room. She opened the door and let her dog Frank in the room. She closed her door and jumped into the bed. She pulled the covers over her body and grabbed her book by her bedside table. At the moment she was reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban it was her favorite in the series and she was really into it. She looked at her phone and saw that it was only 11 so she opened the book up to the spot she left off in.

"You cant kill buckbeak dammit!!" She said yelling at the book and throwing it across the room. She pulled the covers up over her body and turned off the light on her nightstand, closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep.

That night Marlie had trouble sleeping. She hadn't found anyone like Lucas in a long time. Well...Ever. And she knew that it was a silly thing to be sleepless over. But she was. She got up in the middle of the night, around 2 and walked around the roomy loft that looked out over Seattle. She felt really lucky to be where she was.

Her parents were rich. True. But she wasn't spoiled and neither were her parents. They were very respectable people you see. They were both lawyers in the Seattle community and did well, which is why they were living in a loft in downtown Seattle in the first place. It wouldn't be possible if they hadn't paid attention in school, and gone to college. Once they got through with all of that they made it big time. Her father Jason Grey was one of the biggest male lawyers in town. Yet when he came home he was her Daddy. He was soft, sensitive, and pretty funny, but he knew business and was strict when he needed to be. Marlie's mother Anne Grey was one of the biggest female lawyers in town, winning cases left and right. She was just as respectable as her father and knew how to have a good time. Her parents (back in the day) used to throw the biggest Halloween parties in town; people would drive up from Portland just to get to come to one of the Grey's Halloween parties. Of course this was before they became serious and had Marlie. Not meaning they are to serious anyways. They know how to have a life. And both of them are very supportive of Marlie and her life decisions.

Around 3 she finally got to sleep and she slept good.

**********MARLIES POV***********

I woke up the next morning too early. It was nine. "UGH!" I said throwing my pillow at the window. The blinds were open and I looked out over Seattle. Of course it was a gloomy day. No rain in the forecast from what I had checked yesterday but still cloudy. But the people who live in Seattle just get used to to it. I pulled myself up and out of bed and drug my feet over to the chair where my dog sat. "Wake up Franky." I said. His eyes opened and his tail began to wag when he saw I was there. We walked out of my room together and I poured some dog food into his bowl. I yawned as I walked in to the living room and looked out the huge windows overlooking the city. I decided to go take a shower and so i walked back down the hall and turned into the bathroom. I turned on the hot water and began to take off my clothes. I jumped in the shower and let the water run over my body. I grabbed the herbal shampoo sitting on the rack in the shower and poured it out onto my head. I rubbed the greenish goo on my head and I could now smell the shower turning into an evergreen tree. I rinsed the shampoo off and began to wash my body. After I did all of my everyday shower procedures I just stood there and let the water run all over me. It was a very refreshing way to start my day.