H O O D I E S

~Season 4~

This October was windier than the year before, and with it came the cold. Richelle was determined not to let herself shiver, especially not in front of a room full of brand new A-Troupers that she didn't know. She needed to maintain her harsh edge. If she was going to be the best dancer on the team, she had to let Riley know she was tough.

However, this proved difficult. The heating in the building had always been iffy, and after a week of running on high it had cut out completely.

"You should all be wearing your normal dance clothes, if your dancing isn't warming you up, then you aren't dancing hard enough." Riley announced to the team one chilly morning. "Any more layers will just make you overly tired, sweatier faster, and we won't be able to rehearse for as long. Grab a hot drink from downstairs if you're cold, I want you back in ten minutes."

It was only 10am, and Richelle was freezing. She had her thinnest ballet wrap on over her leotard, but it wasn't doing much to inhibit the cold, never mind protect her legs, which were bare in the absence of leggings. Why does all of her dance wear have to have shorts, she cursed herself for her wardrobe choices. Clutching a cup of hot chocolate in her hands, not being one to drink coffee, she shook violently, partially from the cold and partially out of nerves. It was her third cup today and she was still as cold as ice.

"God, Richelle, can you keep it down? Your teeth are chattering so loud that it sounds like the street's being jackhammered."

Richelle shot a glare at Noah, who was sitting on the bench behind her, folding some scrap paper into a plane. "Oh, like I'm interrupting your important work?"

"Oh, I already did a full body stretch today. I'm just waiting on Henry to get back from Java Junction so we can practice some hip-hop combos." He spun in his chair and pointed at Henry, who flashed him a thumbs-up on his way out of the studio.

"I'll be back in five!"

"Take your time, bud!" Noah spun back to Richelle with a malicious smile. "And as much as I enjoy watching you shiver, it's really disrupting my journey to beating you in the solo competition next week."

Richelle glared at him. "Screw off, Noah. Making paper planes is not going to make you a better dancer than me anyways." She interrupted herself as a huge shiver ran through her and pulled her cardigan even tighter around her.

Noah rolled his eyes. Richelle watched him as he pulled off his hoodie and handed it in her direction. "Oh, take it."

"No! I'm not taking your stupid—"

"Just take the jacket, Richelle! Riley won't be back for a while, you can at least warm up a bit before she gets back."

She reluctantly took it and wrapped it around herself. As much as she hated to admit it, it was very warm, and it smelled like coffee and shampoo. It was nice. "...Thanks."

Henry appeared at Noah's shoulder a few minutes later. "Ready to practice?" He shot a pointed look at Richelle. "Very domestic. I like it."

"Shut up, I've told you we're just best friends." Noah replied before Richelle could get in a retort. He rose from the bench and headed towards the centre of the studio. "See you in a bit, Richie."

"Wait! Don't you need your hoodie back?" She hoped not; it was keeping her warm, and as much as she hated to admit it to herself, it was nice having something of Noah's wrapped around her.

"No need, I've got another two in my cubby, just get it back to me at the weekend!"

Richelle rolled her eyes as the music started playing, and she returned to organising her bag.

~~~

Short n cute