L A U G H

~Post S6E5~

Richelle was not having a good day.

Sure, being a high-level competitive dancer was normally challenging, but it was the good kind of challenge for her. But she was really reaching her limit of strength that day, between everyone already thinking she's weaker after being injured and being put in the middle row and the new girl taking her spot, everything seemed to be crumbling around her.

When it finally came time to leave, she was actually excited to go, which almost never happened. She loved dancing, and she was pretty damn good at it too. She hated being off her game, but apparently, it was inevitable sometimes.

Noah had been busy all day too, though he actually got front row, he had been off with Emily all day discussing who plans for competition. She listened to him explaining it all to her over dinner, desperately trying to keep her in the loop since she lost her spot to him, but all he got in return were nods and little smiles as she picked at her food.

"And then we—hey, are you okay?" Noah stopped short when he noticed the discontented look on her face.

"I'm fine, why?"

"Well, first of all, you seem totally disinterested in your food, and second, you seem even more disinterested in my super awesome Regionals Plans. You're always asking about stuff with Emily, something must be up."

She sighed, putting her fork down with a small clatter. "I'm sorry, really, I'm just having a bad day."

Noah was not a very emotionally-readable person, but the closer he and Richelle got as a couple, the more he showed his true colors to her. His expression is sympathetic, he reached across the table and touched her hand softly. "Don't apologize, I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner. Anything in particular happen?"

She offered him the sweetest smile she could muster in that moment, taking his hand and squeezing it. "No, not exactly. I just feel like I haven't been on my game recently. I got put in the middle row, and I know it isn't that bad but I just thought, you know with Michelle and Emily back that it would be better and—"

"Hey, hey, Richelle? It's okay. Even the best dancers have bad days and weeks or even months. You're still the best on the team, middle row or not."

As usual, praise sent Richelle's lips into an even bigger smile, and tinged her cheeks a faint blush. Noah really knew exactly what to say to make her feel better, dropping his usually focused and goal-driven Dance Captain attitude to really be there for her. Wow, she really loved him.

They finished their dinner, and Noah was able to finish explaining the plans. To be honest, they were actually great, and probably better than what Richelle could've come up with in his shoes (not that she'd ever admit it to him). They did the dishes together like they always did when Richelle's family was away, before going to the couch and searching Netflix desperately for a movie they hadn't yet watched, Richelle's head resting in the crook of Noah's shoulder as he controlled the remote.

"Ooh, we could watch Step Up." Richelle suggested.

"Jeez, Rich, aren't you trying to forget about dance? I was thinking, like, a comedy... you know, take the edge off and relax for once." he replied.

"Okay, fine."

She didn't protest when Noah put on some comedy movie, but as it dragged on, she couldn't help complaining.

"No offense Noe, but this sucks."

Noah, who had been thoroughly enjoying the movie's stupid sense of humor, gasped in mock offense. "How dare you!"

"It's just not funny!" she giggled at his reaction.

"You wanna laugh, huh?"

"Well this is supposed to be a comedy, so yes."

Noah's eyes narrowed in a mischievous way, a grin curling on his lips. "Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I can make you laugh."

And before Richelle could piece together his plan fast enough, his hands were attacking her sides, laughter bursting from her mouth, loud and carefree.

"Nooo, you know that's not what I meant!"

"What? You said you wanted to laugh, and you certainly are laughing quite hard." Noah teased, tickling her sides as he wrestled her back against the couch.

"Shut up!"

"That's not very nice." Noah reprimanded, giving her hips a quick squeeze.

"Neither is you tickling me!"

"Then give up."

"Never!"

"Okay, well, I'm cool to keep this up as looong as it takes."

Richelle knew he wasn't kidding, but she really didn't want to forfeit. But shit, Noah was really good at finding her weak spots, he had been since J-Troupe, and even better at exploiting them with his evil fingers. When said fingers traveled to her stomach, her laughter kicked up a notch and her legs kicked out, narrowly missing Noah's eye much to his relief.

"Okay, okay, I give in!"

Noah stopped immediately, a wide grin still on his face, obviously proud he got Richelle to actually admit defeat for once.

Once she caught her breath, Richelle sat back up, giving him a light punch to the arm. "That was mean."

"But it made you laugh after a bad day, right?"

She rolled her eyes fondly at him, but shamelessly pulled him in for a kiss by the collar of his shirt.

Hopefully next week would be better, but for now, she was content to fall asleep next to Noah and forget about the line placements.

~~~
Another Post-Ep fluff