B I R T H D A Y

~Post TNS~ ignore the bad photo

Noah doesn't know what to expect as Henry leads him towards James' apartment. All he knows is that there's supposed to be a birthday "surprise" party. Not the party alone being the surprise rather the arrangement of it.

Henry's been quiet on their way there, giving Noah the chance to talk and joke as much as he desired. But as they enter the building at the address he finally breaks his silence.

"Before we go in I want you to know it was all James' idea and most of us were against it, but he made us do it anyway. You have now 3 seconds to decide whether you want or not to know what this surprise is."

Noah doesn't need to think twice, if it's a James concept it's better to be prepared for it, so he nods prompting Henry to continue.

"James thinks you're still not over Jacquie and that you need a new girl to forget about all this crap."

"But that's ridiculous. We broke up over six months ago."

"I know this. But James is convinced there's something holding you back from getting into a new relationship."

Noah involuntarily pictures wavy long blonde hair, a challenging look given by the prettiest eyes on earth, a smirk and a dance bag over her shoulder. It's the strangest thing to think there's something holding him back.

"James made everyone bring a girl who could hypothetically become your girlfriend."

Even though Noah's a bit revolted by this idea he feels warmth spreading in his chest, knowing James cares so much.

"Everyone? You?" Henry nods. "Piper? Michelle?"

"Yup. Michelle's the only one who loves this idea. Piper agreed. And Eldon got into a dangerous competition with James about finding you the perfect girl."

"Richelle too?" The sudden nervousness that overflows him is rather unwelcome and Noah's thankful he didn't stutter.

Henry hesitates for a moment, giving him a weird look.

"Yeah, but she asked me to bring around two girls in case she didn't find the time to get someone. She's apparently very busy."

Noah smiles sadly. It's very like Richelle not to want to participate in such a silly activity. In fact, he also doubts the ethical issues concerning such event but decides to ignore his moral concerns and try enjoying his party. But he can't fight the feeling of disappointment or hurt even, knowing Richelle's so neutral when it comes to the matters of his heart.

"But she was very opposed to James' idea." Noah gets a feeling Henry is trying to tell him something with the way his gaze softens, but he doesn't completely get the hidden meaning behind his words. "She said that if you wanted a girlfriend you'd have one."

"Well, Richelle does know me." Noah grins widely, Henry's words cheering him up a bit.

And it is true except for the tiny little issue of him not being able to find the guts to ask out his best friend for months now.

"Ready for this mess of a party?" Henry asks, putting his hand on the door handle leading into James' and Riley's apartment looking expectantly at his friend.

"Bring it on."

~~~

Two hours after Noah's arrival he had already gulped down enough beer to participate in this childish "courtship-game" James has prepared for him and talk to both of Henry's friends. One of them was Katie, who turned out to be just as weird as Henry, if not more. She was scary and crept Noah out. The second girl's name was Stella and let's just say they did not hit it off.

Nochelle - Our StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara