locked up

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

being locked up in your own house was the worst punishment ocean ever received. she watched as her mother put rails outside her bedroom window just so she couldn't leave. what was worse was that sonia believed ocean was a bad influence on eddie. she didn't let them see each other apart from mealtimes.

as the boy was able to take walks to the pharmacy to refill his medicine, ocean wasn't allowed out the house. so she sat on her bed daily, writing and drawing.

one week passed and ocean was losing her mind from not talking to anyone. her room was covered in the multiple pictures she drew and the things she wrote. as the brunette laid on her bed, the sound of light tapping was heard from her window. intrigued, she got up and peered out. standing there with a wide smile on his face was richie 'trashmouth' toizer.

"richie?!" ocean smiled while opening the window, "i'm so happy i could kiss you!"

"through the railings?" richie raised his brow, "you're a weird one ocean."

she laughed, "what are you doing here?"

"just wanted to see your pretty face." richie confessed, "it's been a week - i almost forgot what you looked like."

"that makes me feel much better." ocean rolled her eyes.

"how are you hot stuff?" richie asked while slightly wobbling on the ladder.

"never thought i'd say this." ocean took a deep breath, "but i'm better now that you're here."

richie gave her a smile, "i know you are."

"cocky much?"

"just a bit."

"how's your stomach, ocean?" his face fell and he looked genuinely concerned.

"i mean, i'm pretty happy there isn't a chunk of wood going through it anymore." ocean joked, "but the stitches are going to be replaced next year."

"and you'll have a fucking cool scar." richie pointed out.

"i guess that's the only positive that comes out from this."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the two had spent about an hour talking through the window, richie was now sitting on the ladder as his feet got tired.

"ocean!" sonia called, "it's lunch!"

the smile on her face disintegrated as her mother called her down, "i've got to go."

"i figured." richie nodded, "i'll be back tomorrow."

"you will?"

"seems like i'm your only source of entertainment." richie explained, "maybe tomorrow we could try that through the railings kiss."