Awake

3rd Person's POV

The room was quiet. Except for the small breaths taken by the unconscious patients, the beeping sounds of the machine and the scribbling of the doctor's pen as he checked each of them.

Selina waited outside as she played with her fingers repeatedly as the seconds go by, heart pounding in her chest, she felt so useless.

Who wouldn't? A highly trained and experienced agent like her lost her students and children.

"Mrs.Bond, please relax yourself. You are not to blame for this mistake, no one saw it coming, the ones that were taken are strong teens. They will make it out alive safe and sound." A nurse assured her passing a cup of warm tea and a rub on the shoulder before going back to her desk.

Selina could only give a small sigh as she sipped the lukewarm tea.

---

Darkness, that was what he could only see for miles and miles. Floating in an endless ocean of it.

He couldn't move.

But he could hear, he could hear frantic voices and the sound of an explosion ringing in his hears deafening him, head colliding with a hard object.

His eyes closed.

Heart violently pumping blood,his eyes shot up as if it was free from being glued together.

The heart monitor's frantic beeping sound alarmed the doctor and called in for help as they tried to help him.

Selina could only hear from the outside as she saw glimpses of a survivor.

Dropping the cup and crushing it with her feet, she stormed out of the hall and left the hospital.

---

Gai's body was in constant pain as he forced his eyes open to be greeted with a strong light.

How long has he been out for?

Turning his head, he could see Liu in the bed right beside him still unconscious.

'Shaun must be by the bed closest to the door.' He told himself inside of his mind.

Wait... Where were the others? Are they okay? He hadn't seen them yet and was hoping that they were only in the same condition as them.

Injured but not severely.

God, the smell was suffocating.

The smell of hospitals reminded him so much of death.

How much it all hur-

An orange cat entered the room, he must be the doctor.

Surprised that Gai is awake he proceeded to ask questions before leaving the room after what 5 to 10 minutes? He didn't know.

Gai got a bad stirring inside of his head when the doctor failed to answer his questions.

---

Somewhere...

The room was cold, too cold for anyone's liking, no lights, walls were dry and the area was pretty small.

No one's sanity could survive their all alone.

They would simply be driven to be mad.

Who wouldn't inside this place of horrors.

Was it familiar? Maybe ? Can it actually be though? No one knows.

Answers can be twisted as they remain in the dark.

Questions flying everywhere. Disappearing only when they are finally answered but also bringing new ones as people dig deeper and deeper before uncovering the hidden treasure.