Hanahaki Disease (Aang)

"Aang it'll be okay! I'm here for you just calm down." I said as we flew into the air on Appa.

"No you don't understand! I hate being the avatar! I don't want to be one!" He shouted back.

My heart broke into a million pieces. I pulled him into a hug, "Please Aang, whenever we first dated I said that I would help you. Now let me help you."

He didn't say anything, the storm was getting stronger. Aang lost controlled of Appa, "Aang! I'm scared!" I shouted, holding on to Aang. Aang's eyes and arrow started glowing, my eyes widen. We started falling as ice surrounded us, I shut my eyes and held onto Aang tighter, not knowing what's going to happen next.

~~
I groaned and opened my eyes, my vision was blurry but my eyes adjusted to the sudden bright light.

I was laying down on this cold ice snow, I looked over and saw this one girl holding Aang.

"What's going on?" I mumbled, sitting up.

"Who are you guys?" This boy said to us.

"Come closer." Aang whispered to the girls ear. "Do you wanna go penguin sledding with me?" He happily said.

"Uh...sure." The girl smiled.

I got up and dusted off my air nomad clothes. Aang got up and sneezed, flying into the air and then coming back down.

"You're an airbender!" The brown haired girl said. "I'm Katara, and this is my brother, Sokka."

"I'm Aang, and this is my girlfriend, Y/n."

"Are you an Airbender too?" Katara asked me.

"Yeah, but not as good since I don't have my tattoos yet." I snickered.

For the past couple of weeks I saw that Aang has been getting closer and closer to Katara, it's like he completely forgets that I'm here.

We soon arrived on Kyoshi Island, also getting our butts beat by some warriors. While Sokka was getting trained by the warriors, Katara and Aang were walking around the village. I stayed inside this extra room. I didn't feel too good to be honest. Usually I hardly ever get sick but this feeling is different.

I coughed into my hand, I saw that there was these flower petals in my hand covered in blood.

"What the-" I whispered.

I looked out of the window, getting my mind off of things. I saw Katara and Aang walking really close to each other, and laughing really hard. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away. Why is he so close to her? And he looks like he's having so much fun with her. When he was with me he never had that much fun.

I coughed again, more blood and flower petals came out. As the hours went by it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

I walked outside and saw some fire benders burning down this village.

I tried to air bend them, but my body was so weak. Aang and the others managed to fight them off, I collapsed onto the dirt.

"Y/n!" I heard my name being shout, but it wasn't by Aang, Sokka came running to my side.

I coughed up more flower petals into my hand. Sokka raised his eyebrow, but then realization came over him. "Hanahaki Disease." He whispered.

He helped me up and I climbed on top of Appa, trying to catch my breath. We started flying away, until Aang jumped off of Appa.

"Is she okay?" Katara asked.

"She has Hanahaki disease, I think it's because you and Aang."

Katara didn't say anything. I was still trying to catch my breath. I pulled out some more petals out of my mouth.

I saw Aang getting back on to Appa, looking at me.

"Y/n what happened?" He said to me for the first time in days.

"Hanahaki Disease. She can't talk, or breathe." Sokka said.

Aang turned so he wouldn't face me. "No..I didn't cause that." He said.

"Yes you did, you've been hanging out with Katara and falling in love with her." Sokka replied back.

I felt my life drifting away as I let out my last breath.

~~~

I never wanted to hurt her, I should have payed attention to her, and realize that she was the one for me. But instead, I hurt her. I killed her.

The cold northern air became colder as night came around. It's been a month since Y/n died.  And it's all my fault.

Katara was at some healing sessions, while Sokka was with Yue.

I looked up at the moon, hoping to see Y/n, but we all know that she's never coming back.

I'll never forgive myself. Y/n has always been there for me. No matter what, she's always there helping me. But I pushed her away and started talking to Katara, how could I do that?

I coughed into my hand, seeing a flower petal.

*requested*