Shadow Bending Pt. 2 (Aang)

"We're really going to fight each other?" I was confused and a little nervous, I fought before but not with my eyes close.

"Yeah, don't worry I go easy on you." Aang winked, causing me to feel all giddity on the inside.

"Alright fine." I couldn't help but to smile at him.

We covered up our eyes and stood facing each other. I made a soft, low toned hum. The sound waves bounced off of Aang and the other surrounding objects and back at me. So I know exactly where he's at.

I swung my arms up, trying to hit him on the side so he'll fall. But the airbender was too fast on his feet, besides he's using seismic sense, which is a lot easier and more effective.

The oncoming air from Aang almost knocked the wind out of me.

"Are you okay! I didn't mean to hurt you!"

"Aang I'm fine, I'm still trying to get used to this new thing." I laughed it off. It was still sweet that he was concerned.

"Maybe I should go a little easier since you are new." He lightly chuckled. "Alright, let's go again."

I hummed again to get another reading. It was hard to create a bigger, stronger shadow since I'm in the light, but I pretended that it was night, using the power from their shadows and trees shadows.

A rock came towards me, in which I blocked it and made it go towards Aang. He jumped but I couldn't see him, until he landed right in front of me.

I jumped back and forced the shadow to wrap around him, but it went away by him using fire bending.

He's good, that's for sure. He doesn't even need practicing. I started to think about the other possibilities I could do. And now I have an idea.

If he's in the air, he can't use seismic sense. I quickly wrap shadow around and beneath him, making him fly into the air. But before he could use air to bend I made the shadow forcefully to push him back onto the ground. He landed harshly and groaned.

"Aang!" I ran to him, taking off our blind folds. "Are you okay?"

He opened his eyes and smiled. "I'm great, that was a really good strategy." He floated up to land on his feet. "You're really good."

"Oh, thanks. I could be better."

"Practice makes perfect. You're also teaching yourself since there's no masters. And that's pretty amazing."

I looked away and mentally screamed. Why am I so flustered? I just met him.

"Y/n why is your heart beating faster?" Toph said. I forgot she was here.

"I'm out of shape." I quickly said.

"Toph stop teasing her." Aang said, "Is there anything else you want to do?" Aang asked me.

"Just chill here."

I sat down on the soft grass. Running my fingers through the little blades. Aang sat beside of me, our knees was barley touching each other.

"Maybe you could help me defeat Ozai, will you be ready?" Aang asked me.

I sighed. "I don't think so, and besides Aang, I think it's better off if you fight him alone. I know that seems horrible but...It's the avatars job. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I understand where you're coming from. But at least I got to help teach you." Aang smiled once again.

"Yeah, that is a good thing. Thanks again."

"No problem, and you taught me more about shadow bending! So I got something out of it too."

"Do you want to do something? Like go somewhere? For once I feel protected when I'm with you." I smiled at him.

"I would love to."

~~~|
yes i'll write more smut 😔