𝟎𝟐. / 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

          STELLA WATCHED THE PAIR walk down the pontoon looking mighty confused and naive, just as a cheetah watches her prey before attack

          STELLA WATCHED THE PAIR walk down the pontoon looking mighty confused and naive, just as a cheetah watches her prey before attack. A thousand different questions roamed her mind, but the main one was what two people near her age were doing in Nassau, having arrived in a cargo vessel.

The two wouldn't leave her sight as slowly as they moved, which only left more room for the young girl's curious mind. Perhaps approaching them would be too blunt and weird, so she'd let them come to her.

"Please breathe, we have gotten through the hardest part. We are dry and in safe lands now." The boy argued, nearing the area where Stella sat with her back turned to the situation.

"It's crazy, John B!" so we have a name, Stella noted "look at the size of the island."

"We will find a way."

"If only we knew where to start, even." 

"Sarah," the couple stopped behind Stella as she turned discreetly to view them from the corner of her eye. He now had both his hands cupping each side of her face "we got this." The boy tried to calm the younger girl down with a kiss to her temple. 

"Sure..." she muffled. 

"Can I... help you?" Stella gathered the strength to ask, turning around in a sudden movement. 

Both the boy and the girl turned to face her in an instant, holding a very similar expression to one another, probably a mist of emotions trying to figure out why this stranger was butting in and whether she had just heard everything that was said.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. I just overheard, you seemed distressed."

"I- we-"

"My name is Stella. Nassau can be quite intimidating for newcomers."

"We are not-" John B began before Sarah interjected.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes" the local girl smiled warmly at the pair "there aren't many people my age in the island. And especially arriving by a cargo vessel."