𝟏𝟑. / 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲

          THE SERENE MORNING that breaks through a storm evening welcomed the skies of the Outer Banks and greeted its locals, that door to door started taking care of the previous evening's wrecks

Pope's parents were long way gone to care for Heyward and help the community the bet they could, so the coast at the house was clear for the four wanted to catch some fresh air. It would have been quite challenging to explain the whole situation to the house owners, especially with how concerned and protective they often acted — hiding "criminals" would never be agreeable to neither, but mainly his dad. For all he knew, Kiara was the only one staying in last night.

That is why after they were gone, the teens managed to finally make their way outside and catch some fresh air. Good think about the cut was the distance between each house which managed them to do the wreck-damaging in the perimeters of safety.

Even though the Pogue community was rather close and helpful towards one another, they were still considered people of interest and with the common crisis down at the cut, it was impossible to predict what someone could do for a couple of bucks.

They sat around helping Pope with his backyard space, spread from the marquee to the pontoon. All, expect for one.

Stella had spent long hours of the night awake, much against to her tired eyelids' wants. Her body was exhausted from last night's adventure, but her mind was wide awake filled with the most diverse group of thoughts. Much so, that waking up in a strange house for the first time in a long time, was very confusing to the young teen.

"It's been quiet around town, like I told you. But from last week it all changed." Pope commented, while harvesting the leaves away from the pontoon's entrance, where all of them were now gathered.

"Have they been harassing you?"

"No, Pope and I have been out the clear for a while now. These pigs are definitely suspicious, but they've interrogated us enough to know this is beyond us. Well, until now."

"So what exactly changed?"

"Ever since she arrived. There's a dozen new security and the street by the Cameron's is nearly impossible to get to."