𝟏𝟏. / 𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭

          "YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE

          "YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE."

"Easy, man. I miss you too-" JJ's laugh was soon replaced by a frown, when silence filled the line.

On the opposite side of the room, Stella had now stopped filling the empty glass bottle with water, focusing her full attention onto JJ instead.

"It's not a joke, JJ. Listen to me!"

"Alright Pope, breathe" a nervous chuckle paused his response "can you tell me what's going on?"

"We've been following them — Kie and I. They mentioned the island, Nassau."

"What about Nassau?"

At this point, Stella had approached the blonde as if trying to catch anything from the conversation.

"Shoupe is still after our every move, but we're still trying to track Ward — he's been in and out of his office constantly. They are trying everything they can to get any information on John B and Sarah. But today, we spotted a suspicious phone call from Ward. He was confirming someone that the plane had flew into an island."

"Yes, I was about to tell you, last night we made some progress, my brother! We're literally going back toni-"

"Listen, JJ! You can't go back."

"Relax, what do you mean?"

"After Shoupe left, we overheard Ward on the phone. He specifically mentioned having it safe in an island, he mentioned Nassau. Which makes sense because this woman arrived last week and we've been trying to figure out who she is because she's been all up in the investigation. But we got it! It's Penelope Clemont, we did our research, they say she's into some funky business down there in Nassau. And... we believe she's related to Ward."

The Maybank teen blinked throughout his friend's speech, as if his expression could be seen over the line. He tried to grasp everything through the unstable service available on the island but one thing his ears caught straight away were the name Penelope Clemont.