Chapter 4: Late hours spent thinking about idle thoughts

I AM BACK! WELCOME TO A NEW CHAPTER.

Anyway enjoy lovelies!

♤♤♤

Tokyo, you muses, you can't really walk all the way there, that is if you have courage, which you don't have because of childhood trauma of not being able to communicate with child the same age as you, and money, which you severely lack as of the moment, train expenses are expensive, they are at least six thousand yen the last time you check and you only have one thousand on hand.

Kai won't budge, he won't tell you why he ran away and why he ended up in Shizuoka Prefecture. You bite your lips and change the subject, talking to him about your love for spicy foods.

Kai watch the stairs while you tell him about your mother and little brother being surprised that you brought a friend home. He felt nervous.

He grip your blazzers around him as you two enter a hallway. He looks over at you and sees you walking near a door and opening it without knocking, he frowned but it's your home and it doesn't matter at all. He nodded to himself because his thought made sense.

"Mom! I'm home!" You called out, slipping your shoes out and while Kai walked inside and shut the door behind him, standing awkwardly in the entrance while he watched you find any spare house slippers.

"Welcome home, sweetie! How's school?!" A female voice called and then a footsteps. Kai saw you flinch and gulp.

"It, it's fine! I, uhm, got some homeworks!" You stuttered out sad fake excuses. Kai stared at you and bent down to remove his shoes. The footsteps on the floorboard neared while you watched Kai. He stood straight, his socks still on and saw a woman looking curiously at him. He straightened out his spine and grip the strap of his bag. She smiled.

"Ikuya, Why didn't you tell me you will bring a friend over?" She asked and chuckled. Kai looks at the ground, feeling insecure at the gaze of your mother. You face Inko, you have an askew smile while you rub your nape.

"It, it's a sudden decision I made, Mom. And I will be the one preparing what he needs!" You said, Inko smiled and put her palm on her cheeks.

"All right, sweetie." She said and looked towards Kai with excitement.

"My name is Inko, Midoriya Inko, what's your name?" She asked. Kai looked on the ground.

"Chisaki Kai, Nice to meet you, Inko-san." He said and bowed.

"It's nice to meet you too!" She stated. Kai nodded and smiled awkwardly.

"Come inside, you two! There are spare slippers in your and Izuku's room and also change your clothes. Kai-kun can use some of your clothes, Ikuya, just look behind your closets for the one you don't use often." Inko said, then her face morphs into worries. "I need to be back in the living room to take care of Izuku for the moment." She gave one last smile to you and Kai and went back to the living room. You purse your lips, worried for your little brother. Kai watches you.

"Where is your room?" He asked and you jumped away from your thoughts and your attention went to him. You blink.

"Oh yeah! Okay, this way, follow me, it's just there." You said, indicating to the door just a couple of steps forward and he followed you. There was a door with a sign, an All Might themed sign where your name and your little brother's name is scribbled in and you opened the door.

You click on the lights and Kai is bombarded with red, blue, white, and yellow colors. His eyes twitch.

The room is filled with different kinds of All Might posters, there were also other heroes, such as Endeavor, Best Jeanist, and others that he doesn't know about. Two cabinets were on the other side of the room, facing the two beds on the other side with a computer in the middle of the beds. It was obvious who owns them. The one with a lot of posters is Izuku's and the one with a lot of electronics in the headboard and...something flat and round? Kai isn't sure but it looks like it is being modified by yours. There were a lot of clattered small towers of books on your side while Izuku had his All Might's figurine nicely lined up on his headboard. Kai huffed a small sound of amusement. You glance at him and see Kai looking at your side of the room, then at Izuku's. Your face heats up and looks towards your bed to see them messy. You let out a panic squeak and scatter away, opening the shared cabinet and trying to hide your face.