Greetings, Ninth Uncle

Description

Cheng Yujin was the elder twin sister, who was supposed to be engaged to an excellent man. However she later learned that her fiance, Marquis Jingyong, had proposed to her because he mistakenly recognized her as her younger twin sister. Marquis Jingyong and her younger sister had a deep relationship, and after many twists and turns, finally broke through all hardships and became eternal lovers. While Cheng Yujin was the villain who replaced her sister’s good marriage, kept framing her sister, and hindered the main couple to be together. A really wicked older sister and poisonous ex-wife.

After the younger twin sister was reborn, she revealed Cheng Yujin’s ‘conspiracy’ early on. Everyone scorned her, and her so-called fiance was indifferent. Cheng Yujin sneered and tore off their engagement letter in front of her fiance.

Everyone was gloating and happily waiting to see her regret her actions. However, before Marquis Jingyong had a chance to see Cheng Yujin’s regret, he saw his former fiancee marrying her uncle.

The ninth uncle of Cheng family was truly a hidden dragon, his real power frightening everyone.

***

Cheng Yujin, this coquettish little wife, lightly lifted her eyebrows and casually said, “A mere Marquis Jingyong, is he worthy? Do you think that robbing him away will affect me?”

Almost forgot to say, ninth uncle wasn’t surnamed Cheng. His real name was Li Chengjing, the crown prince.

Status in COO

144 chapters + 2 extras (completed)

A very enjoyable story.

As a fan of FL's who are calm, collected, and smart, I was happy that my expectations were met when reading how the FL handled her situations.

The main drama mainly focuses on family drama and how awful they are. Other reviewers have mentioned her awkward position so I wont reiterate it.

As for the typical ML found in many Chinese novels, he too, has his fair share of misfortune which is similar to the FL. They connect with each other due to their similar circumstances and soon love blossoms. Of course, their love is in a different format but it is most certainly love.

In the latter half of the story, the court and politics are the backdrop as the author focuses more on the FL p.o.v and as you know, the harem and court can't "interfere" with each other. But everything is handled well and all ends well. The politics and drama were realistic and not everyone (maids, eunuchs, background characters) were idiots.

Spoiler

Aside from that Dou Girl. But rather than s*upid, she was ignorant and envious. Making her do s*upid things.

[collapse]

I also want to point out that the author focuses on the side characters who were mainly involved with the FL's past life; her sister and scum husband. The author does give readers insight to the FL's "mothers" and other characters but it isnt as extensive.

Spoiler

At first, I didnt like the FL's twin sister because of her envy but I didnt hate her. It is normal to be envious if you lived in someone's shadow. However, selfishness and entitlement were added onto her envy and her whole character became disgusting to me.

She didn't improve herself and cried and whined to her coddling mother.

I also want to add that the tye FL's twin sister often thought of her past life. This becomes prominent once she's married.

When you read it and think about it even more, you can't help but face palm at her idiocy. This girl obviously want happy once she "finally" got married in her previous life yet she still stubbornly stuck to the guy.
The fact that she garnered my disgust means she was written well and the author did this characterization without telling the reader straightforwardly. She used the character's thoughts and actions. And she can't handle difficult situation.. in her past life her sister sort out every problem in her in law's house n she just enjoy everything but in this life there is no one to sort out everything so she just fed-up with everything n be like in my past life he was like this so why his not like this anymore etc etc😒

As for the FL past husband. Scum. Thats it.

The story is great and enjoyable and definitely stands out among the many rebirth/travel back in time/transmigration stories.