i'm not your friend [01]

For as long as they could imagine, Jang 'Nuguri' Ha-gwon and Lee 'Flame' Ho-jong were in a kinda rocky relationship.

However, it all started barely one year ago. Ho-jong was looking for a team to be a top laner in. Spots were beginning to fill in for each organization and no roster seemed to be in need of a new top laner. Flame didn't want to be just a sub, he was aiming to get the starter position. So as a result, he signed with none other than Damwon Gaming. It was the team he previously played for.

However, disappointment struck the older boy when he realized he  was a substitute top laner. Their starter was none other than Nuguri. The younger top laner was his sworn enemy ever since that day.
"Hi! We're so glad to see you! You must be the new substitute top laner, right?~" ShowMaker smiled softly at him. "I'm Heo Su, or ShowMaker, such a pleasure to meet you" He stretched his hand at the older. Flame shook hands with him and smiled back. "Lee Ho Jong" The top laner said with a deep voice. He talked here and there with his new teammates, laughing, cracking jokes and being his real self.
Until one boy introduced himself. It was Nuguri. Hojong looked at him with a death glare, then shifted his gaze in another direction.
"Won't you shake hands with me hyung? We will be in the same team for a while...." Nuguri giggled cutely, fixing his glasses and waiting for the older's response.
"Pfft, kid," Flame scoffed and retreated his hand slowly. "I don't want to have anything to do with someone who stole MY role" The older bluntly said leaving Hagwon hanging, with kind of a dejected expression on his face. However, the cheerful younger boy didn't give up. He set a new goal, and that was to befriend and soften his older teammate.
"Whatever, hyung, you'll see...~" Hagwon purred and grabbed Hojong's hand, shaking it slowly before winking with a small smirk on his face. The said action earned Nuguri an annoyed scoff from Flame.
"Don't pull anything on me, you'll go home crying" Crossing his arms, the older top laner struck his teammate with a piercing, threatening  glare before leaving to set up his new room in the dorm.

Flame began to slowly unpack his things and put them in the right places, when he noticed a second bed in the room. Great, now he had to share a place with one of his new teammates. He just hoped it wasn't the younger top laner...However, his hopes vanished when he heard none other than Nuguri, yelling after him.
"Hyung! I forgot to tell you we are roommates!~" Beaming, Hagwon caught up to Flame and slightly backhugged him.
"Get away from me! I don't want to share my room with you!" Hojong huffed in annoyance and broke the hug.
"Mean, that's mean...." Pouting sadly, Nuguri left the older boy alone. The smaller rested on his bed, scrolling through his phone. How could he try and warm the older boy up? Turns out that Hojong really hated him for such a trivial thing.
Sighing, Hagwon put his phone down after a short while.
"I-I'm going to leave now hyung....I-I can ask  one of my t-teammates to swap rooms....I-if you really want to get rid of me...." Nuguri teared up and let out a small sniff.
As much as Hojong wanted to be away from him, a feeling of guilt washed over the older top laner when he saw his teammate crying. He was resentful, but he wasn't heartless.
Sighing, and rolling his eyes, Flame came beside him.
"You can stay here, I guess, no need  for you to go..." He looked away. "But don't bother me and we are all good"
"Did you understand?" And the younger nodded, feeling quite intimidated by the man beside him. He looked at Flame hopelessly, with tears flowing on his cheeks.
Hojong slightly wiped his tears off. "Don't cry, stupid idiot" His tone was a combination of annoyance and playfulness. "I might hate you, but I'm not that heartles....stop crying" Flame looked at the younger with a blank expression.
Nuguri had small sparkles of joy in his teary eyes as he leaned in for a hug, but Flame rejected him.
"Slow down right there; I'm NOT your friend...." Hojong huffed and distanced himself from the younger top laner.

Nuguri however took the situation as a win, somehow. Flame was there....to wipe his tears, and comfort him, even if it was in a rude and harsh way. It was one step closer to his goal, and that is, to soften the older boy.