4

Deku giggled to himself as he broke the quirk suppressing cuff around his ankle again. And just like before, another one seemed to grow out of his skin and latch around his ankle.

What a cool quirk! Deku thought to himself, staring at the walls, which he knew were just one way mirrors.

Deku looked down at the increasing pile of cuffs beside him, grinning madly. It was only a matter of time before the heroes confiscated them, he knew, but he had to find some source of entertainment.

Again, his hands gripped the brand new cuff around his ankle. Pulling as hard as he could, his muscles straining, he snapped it off and dangled the broken cuff in front of the walls.

He only felt a slight tickling sensation as a new cuff grew around his ankle. He clapped his hands, smirking to himself. He was proud of himself as his strength didn't fail him.

Shigaraki always tells me that I have to stay in top shape to use my quirk. He always tells me to never rely on it, either. I was in the last stages of my training when the heroes had found me.

Deku's smirk died away, leaving behind a blank stare as he thought about his life with the villains.

"You are doing well, Deku," a voice hissed. "But you're still weak. I'll send you to Shigaraki and his friends, maybe they can help you,"

"Shigaraki...?" Deku whispered into the darkness, his whole body shaking violently. "N-no. I don't wanna go there again! Please!"

He felt a gentle hand rest on his head. Deku froze immediately. He knew what that hand meant.

"Oh, Deku," the voice chided. The hand started combing through his green hair. "There's no needs to be scared of Shigaraki."

Deku felt the hand tighten around his head. Then suddenly, his head was smashed down into the concrete floor. The force behind the hand caused a small dent in the floor.

Deku screamed as his head was lifted up by his hair. Then his face met the concrete again, and again, and again.

As Deku felt his consciousness slipping, he heard the voice say calmly,

"It's me you should be scared of."

A loud buzz filled his room, quickly bringing him back to the present. That buzz meant that the door was unlocking.

He hid behind his quirk suppressing handcuff pile- well, more like a mountain at this point- and gripped one in his fist tightly.

I'm not going back to Shigaraki!

As he heard the door swing open and light footsteps enter the room, he lunged out from behind the pile and threw the cuff as hard as he could at the person. Then as quickly as he came, he disappeared behind the pile once more.

He heard a thunk as the metal hit skin, and a string of curses quickly followed. He suppressed a giggle as he heard the words.

A long silence passed over them, then Deku heard something he wished he never did.

"...Deku?"

The world stuttered. He knew that voice. He knew that voice. It came to him in his nightmares, his daydreams, his memories.

Ever so slowly, Deku edged out from behind the pile of quirk suppressing cuffs.

And there he was. His blond, spiky hair was unmistakable, his angry red eyes narrowed into slits. He wore a black tank top, black sweats, and sneakers.